• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Inspire

When I get a new disc I take an emory board to the edge and get rid of the flashing. Instant break in. If its really bad (flying squirrel, most vibram) I'll take a paring knife and peel it off.

Not that I care myself, but is that a "tournament legal" thing to do?

I don't play tournaments, so I'm honestly just asking our of curiosity.

Just as a more "on topic" note, I'm liking my light pink P Inspire a lot. Not sure I count as a fanboy, but I will say that it and my Crave just simply throw really nicely for me.

Probably legal. I sand off chunks of cheap plastic when I have to and I think that is legal. I don't care I throw wood discs sometimes that definitely arent.

Not that I care myself, but is that a "tournament legal" thing to do?

I don't play tournaments, so I'm honestly just asking our of curiosity.

Light sanding is legal. I think taking off the flashing with an emory board would be fine.

PDGA 801.02:

A disc which has been modified after production such that its original flight characteristics have been altered is illegal, excepting wear from usage during play and the moderate sanding of discs to smooth molding imperfections or scrapes. Discs excessively sanded or painted with a material of detectable thickness are illegal.

913eb3f7a1d5e28b3f30b2dda4f5569e_567x210.jpg
a few minutes with the emory board...

The only MVP disc I've seen with flashing was the LE Tesla, and it wasn't even that bad. My front yard is gravel, so that should rough it up too. I just don't want it to get too roughed up. :)

I have a gravelly voice so I just talk to mine.

Anyone bagging the Inspire? I love my crave for subtle turn overs and forced annys but it's a very stable disc. How big of a difference are you seeing between these two molds?

Ive been beating up my crave a lot since I got it, and it still doesn't really turn unless I force it too. The inspire is just effortless flip and turn, but not uncontrollably so.

Anyone bagging the Inspire? I love my crave for subtle turn overs and forced annys but it's a very stable disc. How big of a difference are you seeing between these two molds?

I carry Craves and an Inspire. I don't get much turn out of my Craves as I use them for straight drives. When I need something that will turn without getting away from me I grab the Inspire.

I carry Craves and an Inspire. I don't get much turn out of my Craves as I use them for straight drives. When I need something that will turn without getting away from me I grab the Inspire.

Agree. Case in point, there is a hole at my local course (15 @ Thorncliffe for any Calgarians) where the tee is recessed at the downside of a low hill. OB all along the right and a patch of OB under overhanging trees from the left. You have a long straight line of clear - under the overhang. Not a place where a flippy driver would suit for a hyzer flip. Need something that can rip low, flip and fight on that line with a stable finish - enter Inspire.

Agree. Case in point, there is a hole at my local course (15 @ Thorncliffe for any Calgarians) where the tee is recessed at the downside of a low hill. OB all along the right and a patch of OB under overhanging trees from the left. You have a long straight line of clear - under the overhang. Not a place where a flippy driver would suit for a hyzer flip. Need something that can rip low, flip and fight on that line with a stable finish - enter Inspire.

I didn't need much convincing, but this will do it....

I love that I can get proton for all of these molds. P Inspire w/ white rim in the cart.

Latest posts