• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

I can't remember giving a thumbs down due to a rating before, but in addition to the review text telling next to nothing about the course, that 5 is artificially inflating the rating of what sounds like a pretty average course. I don't find that helpful.
"obstacles include playgrounds ballfields walking paths parking lots basketball courts and moar"

Yeah this one was a head shaker. And the other two the same person posted seemed to be focused on "at least this course isn't Al Quaal". Egad.

I particularly liked the line, "I would give this course zero stars if I could." As if it was a google review of a crappy fast food joint.

I particularly liked the line, "I would give this course zero stars if I could." As if it was a google review of a crappy fast food joint.
I'm confused… nobody MADE them give one star. Leaving a lower score is an option. 🤣

I think we have a new winner for the Ultimate Homer Course Review:

A 5 Disc review written by an account with the same name as the park, and has played 1 course and written 1 review.
The course was installed by a Boy Scout and the review amounts to an announcement about the course and trying to get rounds played, but . . .

I usually don't cite my own reviews (too self-serving), but scroll down on my review and you'll see why I gave it a more ...er, realistic... rating.
:)

"obstacles include playgrounds ballfields walking paths parking lots basketball courts and moar"
... avoiding people engaged in other activities just adds to the challenge.

Trees don't move. People do.
Makes the course dynamic, because the lines you have to hit are always changing. 😉

Last edited:
Is that a retroactive update bouncing all 0.0s to 0.5?
Seems like no? My solitary 0.0 review still appears to be intact. @Tyler J can you shed some more light on what this update was? I searched Dev's posts a bit but there are... a lot of them.

I thought they fixed the problem with only being able to go as low as 1/5, but based on responses, I think I'm just talking out my rear. My bad.

I usually don't cite my own reviews (too self-serving), but scroll down on my review and you'll see why I gave it a more ...er, realistic... rating.
:)
I was about to reply citing your review also. I feel like this is the equivalent of Neil Degrasse Tyson sitting in a room having to watch a flat-earther try and convince others of their viewpoint.

I thought they fixed the problem with only being able to go as low as 1/5, but based on responses, I think I'm just talking out my rear. My bad.
You can go down to 0.5, but it didn't seem to me like currently you can record a 0.0. However, I didn't recall this being a problem so perhaps it sheds some light on the ragey review about not being able to go below 1, haha.

I think we have a new winner for the Ultimate Homer Course Review:

A 5 Disc review written by an account with the same name as the park, and has played 1 course and written 1 review.
The course was installed by a Boy Scout and the review amounts to an announcement about the course and trying to get rounds played, but . . .

To add injury to insult, he only just joined the site yesterday. Likely just to add the bad review.

I guess so. Looks like they took away the 0 option? Regardless, you can still rate 0.5
To be fair, I was able to upload a review earlier today with a 0.0 rating. I just didn't touch the rating part of the review before submitting. Like a fool I forgot to check to see if it was still being factored into the course's average before I went in and edited my review to the rating I wanted to give it. When I upload one of the other reviews I am sitting on I might check to see if it does. (I don't see why it wouldn't.)

I tend to thumb reviews based on the content, rather than the rating. But I also expect the content to support the rating, at least for the most part.

So I find it strange this reviewer gave a 4.0 rating to a course they didn't seem to like or enjoy. Am I the only one confused by this? 🤔

I tend to thumb reviews based on the content, rather than the rating. But I also expect the content to support the rating, at least for the most part.

So I find it strange this reviewer gave a 4.0 rating to a course they didn't seem to like or enjoy. Am I the only one confused by this? 🤔

Beat me to it, came here to say the same thing. This one had me stumped. I could understand if they had given it a 4.0 AND said this course is extremely too difficult for me but great for this reason or that. But that review left me confused and unsure if it's a good course that is over their ability, or if it's a bad course and really difficult.

A bunch of 5 star reviews that all sound the same for some 9 hole courses that are described by these reviewers as "great for beginners". Here's one for example.Fun course for beginners These reviews seem coached.
JMacK also renamed this course, switched it to 72 holes, sent me some nonsensical PMs about my review on the course, etc. I reported him and got a reply that his account was being removed.