• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Bandit

No seasoning required

Just got this bad boy in the mail from lion:

First impression: This thing is going to be a huge hit with lower powered players (coughmecough) and lefties who struggle with righty-friendly holes (coughalsomecough).

Out of the box, this thing was flipping flat to turnover, which is something I have not been able to do to any disc without some seasoning on it. It's even easier to do it with than my worn Fury, which is already a little flippy to start.

Thrown flat with less power, it just tracks gently left before settling back toward the middle, which will make it really nice for straight shots and standstills. I didn't give it a full power rip yet because I think it'll need more room than the corridor between houses where I was throwing it, and I didn't want to lose it.

I will say this, though: It's not gonna like wind. Even a mild breeze was making this thing burn without enough height.

But, I am pumped to get this out to the course and really work some lines with it. It was effortless to throw, and that makes it an instant winner in my book. I think the Pinnacle version will be even better.

Bandit is faster. Lat64 speed numbers are not comparable to Innova or Legacy. The Fury and Escape are more in line with speed 7/8 models in my mind.

The closest disc to the Bandit is a seasoned Valkyrie.

I've been getting in some good throws with my 2 champ valks. This thing sounds like a winner, but I think I'll wait for the pinnacle plastic runs. I love my pinnacle rival, which set up 2 birdies last round.

:D My wife is going to kill me when these come out in Pinnacle plastic :D :gross:

yep, same here :doh: She keeps seeing my stack of Pinnacle 1st Run Rivals growing and she just keep shaking her head lol. She did say they were the prettiest discs that I own....so I have that going :D

Just got this bad boy in the mail from lion:

First impression: This thing is going to be a huge hit with lower powered players (coughmecough) and lefties who struggle with righty-friendly holes (coughalsomecough).

Out of the box, this thing was flipping flat to turnover, which is something I have not been able to do to any disc without some seasoning on it. It's even easier to do it with than my worn Fury, which is already a little flippy to start.

Thrown flat with less power, it just tracks gently left before settling back toward the middle, which will make it really nice for straight shots and standstills. I didn't give it a full power rip yet because I think it'll need more room than the corridor between houses where I was throwing it, and I didn't want to lose it.

I will say this, though: It's not gonna like wind. Even a mild breeze was making this thing burn without enough height.

But, I am pumped to get this out to the course and really work some lines with it. It was effortless to throw, and that makes it an instant winner in my book. I think the Pinnacle version will be even better.

Nice evaluation. What weight did you get??

Got a 173 black w red foil stamp from Lion and took it out for a spin...the above review is pretty solid. I find it extremely comfy in the hand, great for 80% shots, and frankly just really cool to look at. If a pinnacle could come out just a half tick more HSS and LSS, it would be an improvement. Yes, new arms will drool over this disc. They (legacy) simply don't need a driver less stable than this IMO. Love legacy , but that would be a wasted mold.

Got a 173 black w red foil stamp from Lion and took it out for a spin...the above review is pretty solid. I find it extremely comfy in the hand, great for 80% shots, and frankly just really cool to look at. If a pinnacle could come out just a half tick more HSS and LSS, it would be an improvement. Yes, new arms will drool over this disc. They (legacy) simply don't need a driver less stable than this IMO. Love legacy , but that would be a wasted mold.

I am expecting the discs to turnover differently. The Bandit is designed for hyzer flipping where I imagine the Mongoose is definitely going to be ideal for flat turnovers. Ever mold will turnover/flip at different points in the flight.

I am expecting the discs to turnover differently. The Bandit is designed for hyzer flipping where I imagine the Mongoose is definitely going to be ideal for flat turnovers. Ever mold will turnover/flip at different points in the flight.

Is the Mongoose set to be a bit faster than the Bandit as well? I am thinking they are going Mamba competitor, hence the Mongoose name. Sorta like the Rival/Teebird thing, but more attacking animal style. Hopefully just not as flippy as a Mamba.

If its less stable than a Fury, it sounds like a slower speed Mamba or TD2 or perhaps as flippy as the Underworld. Hopefully pinnacle Bandits or some plastic of Mongooses are more HSS than opto Furies.

If its less stable than a Fury, it sounds like a slower speed Mamba or TD2 or perhaps as flippy as the Underworld. Hopefully pinnacle Bandits or some plastic of Mongooses are more HSS than opto Furies.

It's less flippy than a Mamba and easier to control the nose angles on, probably due to the lower speed profile. I haven't thrown a TD2, but this is almost in Sidewinder/Roadrunner territory for me.

I wouldn't call the Bandit a SW or RR. It is like an early Volt, it will fly exactly how you throw it. It responds fairly well to nose angle adjustments. For some that will be straight for others flippy

The above descriptions are all reasonable...as to the Underworld, I would say bandit has a full tick more HSS and it feels better/different in the hand. 7ontheline, I was out at the Forest about three weeks ago and the tursas/underworld combo was working well. I could adjust the throw a little and probably replace the underworld w the bandit on a lot of the tunnels out at Shelby Forest

So, if someone were interested in making a bag with 9 as max speed, would this be about as long as it gets there? I'm in shoulder PT right now, and I want to come back to the game at a slower pace than I started.

If you're PT is going to not allow you to throw near your full strength, the disc will be long in calm conditions......of course that's relative; I'd say at 80% you could get this 300-325 easily

If you're PT is going to not allow you to throw near your full strength, the disc will be long in calm conditions......of course that's relative; I'd say at 80% you could get this 300-325 easily

Iconbanana1.gif

I wouldn't call the Bandit a SW or RR. It is like an early Volt, it will fly exactly how you throw it. It responds fairly well to nose angle adjustments. For some that will be straight for others flippy

True. Your form is way better than mine, which is probably why it is in the flippy range. But it's a controllable kind of flippy, not utility.

I am one of those people who like my Champ Mamba but if the Mongoose could replace it I'm ready to add more Legacy to my bag.