• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to get a disc out of a tree?

Disc tree getter outer

• Baseball

Votes: 69 42.6%
  • Rock (not Roc)

Votes: 34 21.0%
  • Extendable device

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • More Discs

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • RPG

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters
I usually take a more direct approach. While you guys are fiddling around pulling your softball out of your bag, looking for a stick, or assembling your paintball gun, I'm already halfway up the tree shaking my disc out.

I'll throw sticks or rocks if it's extremely high up or dangerous for some other reason (thin/dead branches, etc), but pine trees are like ladders. I even used to carry a little bottle of rubbing alcohol in my bag to get the sap off my hands.

I usually take a more direct approach. While you guys are fiddling around pulling your softball out of your bag, looking for a stick, or assembling your paintball gun, I'm already halfway up the tree shaking my disc out.

I'll throw sticks or rocks if it's extremely high up or dangerous for some other reason (thin/dead branches, etc), but pine trees are like ladders. I even used to carry a little bottle of rubbing alcohol in my bag to get the sap off my hands.

Some of us are fat with tiny aristocratic doll hands.

I do commercial window cleaning. So I usually always have extension poles and a ladder in my truck. If its not easily reachable I just go back and get it after the round is over. I have been thinking about building a cart and will probly carry one of those poles with me for disc retrieval.

It has already been stated, but I have had the most success with golf balls. I keep 3 in my bag. They can be thrown accurately and typically fly right through modest-sized branches. Plus, they will very rarely, if ever, also become stuck in the tree. They make much better projectiles than rocks because they are perfectly spherical. In short, keep a few golf balls with you and you should be fine.

I do commercial window cleaning. So I usually always have extension poles and a ladder in my truck. If its not easily reachable I just go back and get it after the round is over. I have been thinking about building a cart and will probly carry one of those poles with me for disc retrieval.

You are a good guy to have in your group.

Guy on the far left?

monty-python_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Same class of peasant, but he is actually the one right behind King Arthur in the picture. You can see his "pack(mid-evil discbag?)" but his face is obscured.

"Or you can train an un-laden Swallow to pluck the holy disc out of the shrubbery.... It could grip it by the husk..." -King Arthur:D

"Or you can train an un-laden Swallow to pluck the holy disc out of the shrubbery.... It could grip it by the husk..." -King Arthur:D

LMAO !!!!

"It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1/3 pound disc...."-1st soldier with a keen interest in birds.

A friend of mine is a tree cutter and he carries a lead weight with a nylon cord attached to it. He is pretty good at zinging that thing at discs. I have a 35' Fat Max tape measure I use. It also gets discs that went over fences and I've drug discs out of the water with it as well. Thing is heavy though!

A friend of mine is a tree cutter and he carries a lead weight with a nylon cord attached to it. He is pretty good at zinging that thing at discs. I have a 35' Fat Max tape measure I use. It also gets discs that went over fences and I've drug discs out of the water with it as well. Thing is heavy though!

This tape measure thing has me intrigued. theres been times when I have seen the disc we want to get out of water and it just seems like a hassel for all the further it is in to get out the disc diver. I wonder if I should get one of these heavy duty tape measures.

Could use it to get my fiance all riled up and tell her initially it is so I can measure our drive distances, then pull it out and say "This might take a while"

We used to have tape measure contests at our shop in the Navy.

One test was how high you could get it before the tape broke, another was to see how far out and the last, and most competitive was the race...we had a work-bench that was about 10' long and we would hook two or more up and drag race until it got out of control...guys would take apart and rewind a 12' tape with so much tension that it would only end up 8', we would neo-lube the tape itself, grease or neo-lube any surface...some guys melted teflon in there...it got nuts.

One of those super-modifieds would practically rip your hand off it you let it go without caution.

You could also use the tape to measure "who's out". Seems like I run into that s#*t all the time. Also convenient to measure CTP's...
This might be a good addition to my bag:)

you are in the woods with a group of guys, "someone is out" and you have a tape measure in your hand. are we still playing disc golf? :)

Latest posts