• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to get a disc out of a tree?

Disc tree getter outer

• Baseball

Votes: 69 42.6%
  • Rock (not Roc)

Votes: 34 21.0%
  • Extendable device

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • More Discs

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • RPG

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters
Flying-Monkey.jpg

I was practicing at a Tee-Ball baseball practice field, and I found a Tee-Ball. It is the same size as a baseball, but its actually soft, and spongy, so it won't hurt so much if it comes flying out of a tree, after you throw it at a disc. I now carry that in my bag.

I carry a soft, rubbery baseball but it's always a stick that finally knocks the disc down. The baseball is more of a backup in case there aren't any sticks around.

Sling shots are good too but you have to carry plenty of ammo. Plus the cheap ones wear out fairly quick.

Just tried a Golf Ball for the first time last week and worked great! Small to fit in your bag and get through tight branches... got disc down on 1st throw.

I always have a baseball or a lacrosse ball in the bag and they've knocked down dozens of discs for me, but if the tree is easily climbable I usually just do that, it tends too be quicker (and more fun :p).

I dont carrying anything in my bag for disc removal. I just find some rocks nearby and toss those up there. Luckily I have always gotten my discs back from the trees.

I had a disc stuck in the same fashion, only about 40 feet up in the air. The Baseball was useless, My Fat Max didn't reach, let alone stay erect. I finally had to tie a 100ft rope around a stick, and throw it over the limb. I shimmied the rope over to the disc and down it came.

*I came back later with the rope.

Latest posts