• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to get a disc out of a tree?

Disc tree getter outer

• Baseball

Votes: 69 42.6%
  • Rock (not Roc)

Votes: 34 21.0%
  • Extendable device

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • More Discs

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • RPG

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters
You guys must have too much time on your hands.
Or is it that you have nothing else to do with your hands?:)

At our courses there are ususally rocks on the ground everywhere. Better to just pick up and use what the course gives you than to carry a baseball in my all ready full bag.

Big sticks work great.

Tape measure is clever, but I would have to convince someone else to carry it around. Not worth the weight in the bag to me. Gatorade or Nalgene water bottle work well if they aren't completely empty.

One time I threw about every stick I could find at a disc in a tree, only to have all the sticks end up stuck in the tree as well. :doh:

"just chainsaw the tree down! Kills 2 problems..you get your disc back and it improves the course for the next guy"-Redneck Machismo

I either use my water bottle, depending on how full it is, or rocks if there are any around.. if all else fails.. climb the tree.

At Delaveaga there's usually someone around the #25 tee with a slingshot to retrieve discs coming off the Top of the World that land in the tree canopy. Don't know how many DX disc that have been broken that way.

just shot my champ destroyer down with a sling shot yesterday. It works great if you use the steel ammo. It was about 50 feet in the air and took me 32 shots but i like my destroyer. I am going to keep the sling shot in the bag though as it works to "convince" marauder's that your disc is in fact yours or to put your friends monkey down when it stops producing.

A few years back at my local course a guy got his disc stuck in the infamous Hole 16 Tree. He and his buddies threw everything they could think of for about 10 minutes, getting a few sticks and a water bottle stuck in the tree. Then he decided to throw his bag.

That got stuck in the tree as well. I think he climbed up at that point. People still tell that story it has become a bit of a course legend.

I use an old style flat wooden sling shot I found in a convience store for $4. It fits easily in the top zippered flap in my Fade bag. I bought some steel shot sling shot ammo at Academy but had a problem with it ricocheting back at me when it hit the disc at the wrong angle and it wasn't quiet heavy enough to knock the disc out if it was wedged between limbs.

Now, I use glass marbles I found at a toy store. Problem solved!

I set my personal record when I knocked down my Crush with one shot when it got stuck about 50' up in the top of a tree.

Woodpecker

Do you have a Fat Max Tape measure? If there are branches to stabilize I can get stuff out at 20 feet.

33-890_mid_res.jpg
Again.

Fat Max measuring tape works wonders. Sometimes there's tree canopy that won't let rocks get through. Fatty Max is there for you.

attachment.php

I like to shake the tree until the disc falls out.

If that doesn't work, I cuss at the tree in frustration.

If that doesn't work, I kick the tree and cuss in frustration.

If that doesn't work, I quit and go home and eat a sandwich.

your own disc?

slingshot/baseball.

someone elses' disc?

go get your .17 or .22 rifle out of the truck and plink that bitch down.

there are some great suggestions on here but what i like to do is.
1) find it and then throw some stuff at it.
2)if number one does"nt work ill try to use some type of stick.
3)if the stick idea doe"nt work ill climb it if possible.

Latest posts