• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

I've been playing with a 150 Destroyer, and a handful of my buddies have been using various Blizzard discs, and I'm still impressed. They're extremely inconsistent from disc to disc, but the ones with moderate domes really bomb. The super giant poppy top Bosses and Destroyers are fairly overstable, while the flat ones seem real flippy.

The grip on most of them feels just great too.

I got a 132g BKatana a few days ago and finally got to try it out today. First throw (normal), sailed right and turned to a roller. After that, just had to keep adjusting hyzer angle to get it to fly straight. A few throws went further than I've ever thrown, but it was a pretty steep angle.

I'm curious how the boss is compared to this as well as different weight (for katana and for boss).

I've really been enjoying(and bombing!) my blizzard Boss and Destroyer. The Destroyer is 148g and impressivley stable. I can crank it out 400' in little to no wind and get ZERO turn out of it. Just frozen rope straight with a nice forward penetrating fade. The Boss is 138g and a little less stable. Generally I start it off with a little hyzer and let it flip up to flat and ride. Both discs have been flying great for me, and the Boss has become my go-to tailwind distance driver. I just picked up a 145g domey Wraith a couple days ago but have yet to throw it. I grabbed it for turnovers and strong tailwinds as I've heard the Wraiths are kinda flippy. Curious to see how it flies. So far I'm really loving these blizzard discs. They are also great on uphill drives. I still can't get over how far they go with only 60% power!

i have to say a 125 destroyer i picked up for shizz and giggle is actually an awesome warmup disc. lights thrown with hyzer its just flips up and goes. Once im warmed up its just a roller/turnover but its a blast to see how soft i can throw it to get it out there.

At the distance competition at Bowling Green Ams today, all the qualifying shots and most of the shots in the finals were with blizzard discs with several shots in the 500-540' range with blizzard bosses and destroyers by the big guns.

Saw an article on the PDGA about this. Kinda cool. Way to go Horsman for putting on a good show. Sorta surprising a 175 Star Vulcan won the competition!

Saw an article on the PDGA about this. Kinda cool. Way to go Horsman for putting on a good show. Sorta surprising a 175 Star Vulcan won the competition!

Im happy that the Blizzard didn't win. Even happier that the Blizzards didn't completely take over

Im happy that the Blizzard didn't win. Even happier that the Blizzards didn't completely take over

Looks like the guy who won hadn't really thrown Blizzards before "After throwing several Blizzards, Mitchell plans on buying a few and working them into his bag." Sounds like he just has a cannon of an arm, bet you next year he'll be throwing more Blizz.

I'm still loving my Blizz. I can throw from almost a standstill and get easy distance, and slowing down my throw allows for more accuracy, which means easy and accurate distance.

Wait. It says the winning throw was 540 with a 175 Vulcan, but on the Innova site there's a guy who threw his Blizz boss 555.
http://www.innovadiscs.com/

Last edited:
I saw a couple of blizzard discs fly yesterday into a headwind. Mr. America threw his wraith and the other guy threw a destroyer with some hyzer. The destroyer was straight and then flexed out but the distance wasn't even close to what I threw with a force and hurricane. The wraith flipped over and turned into a roller.

have you thrown a vulcan? omg the champ max weights are so glidy...hard to control but they bomb...if you get the correct flip up you can throw it like a comet and it goes 400 with 70%. just not for headwinds...too hard to gauge the amount of flip up on powerful shots in the wind.

Remarkable technology!

I started playing object golf in the mid 70s. First we used a 165g Frisbee as our one disc option. Then we expanded our arsenal to include 185g ultimate discs for putting then 119g for drives. Those of us who could throw the 119g 330-340' were few and far between and you had to throw at an extreme hyzer to keep the thing from flipping over. The next big change was the triangle rim by Dave Dunipace in 1983. Combining that design with heavier weights to make it more stable in the wind and the revolution had begun. Is this that big?

I don't think it is but it is big! I threw a few side by sides with a 150g BKatana vs. a 172g Star Katana and the BKatana was only going about 20-25 feet farther. During the round I only threw the BKatana when the hole warranted and by the end of the round I had executed some shots I had not been able to execute on that course ever before. To be able to power back and concentrate on smooth and accurate was awesome. Some field work will be in order to learn how to throw it in the wind but hey if you can throw a 119g lid in the wind and keep it flat then it shouldn't be that difficult.

I love the Blizz Katana. Rip it nice and smooth for great glide on a straight line or shallow S-curve. I plan on grabbing a BBoss so I can get some fade.

I played with two young big arms who were trying out the Boss, Destroyer and Katana. Both were as pleased as I was. This plastic will expose flaws in your motion but if you can use that to improve you will probably love this new innovation.

I got a blizzard katana today 133g. It has literally no bubbles in the flight plate. NOT ONE. zero. zip. zilch.

Was kinda disapointed cause i wanted them to all be in the rim...

Still NO BUBBLES what so ever int he entire plate. How does that even happen?

I got a blizzard katana today 133g. It has literally no bubbles in the flight plate. NOT ONE. zero. zip. zilch.

Was kinda disapointed cause i wanted them to all be in the rim...

Still NO BUBBLES what so ever int he entire plate. How does that even happen?

The discs are extremely inconsistent.. I'm not sure what Innova has been doing.. :confused:

The discs flight is inconsistent too. I am still debating weather to leave my blizzard in, try a different one, or just take it out completely.

The discs are extremely inconsistent.. I'm not sure what Innova has been doing.. :confused:

The discs flight is inconsistent too. I am still debating weather to leave my blizzard in, try a different one, or just take it out completely.

I like my wraith. It has most of the bubs in the flight plate

I like my wraith. It has most of the bubs in the flight plate

My wraith has bubbles in the flight path.. I learned how to throw it.. I just can't see myself wanting 20-30 extra ft sometimes.. -50 others.. Right.. Left.. Can not be thrown in a headwind, sidewind, or tailwind for me. The disc becomes useless.. If a disc can not preform in any wind, it is useless. It could just be me. My valk is a 166g and that's plenty light for me.

Latest posts