• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bracketts Bluff

Damn...
I just realized that was the last person to review Area 74 (humboldt's version of Brackett's Bluff) and then the owner removed it from the site. Now, I'm the last person to have reviewed Brackett's and the owner has had to remove it from this site.
What have I done???
I gave them both great reviews!
DSCJNKY

No more reviews from you on any course! You're jinx'n courses with your reviews. Do you hear me? :D

I'm really kicking myself for having not played that course. It's only 25 minutes from my house. :wall:

it is a shame to let this course die. it doesnt seem right at all. the bracketts put more time and money into this course than most people realize. they dont make money off the course,the land isnt being harmed, and people respect this course. not trashy at all. probably the best kept course ive ever played

I feel ya Hogle! Being at the Bluff was like bein' at the Olive Garden.... "When you're here; you're family!"

Dave was one of the nicest guys I have ever met and played with. I am going to miss the Bluff. Nothin' but good times there. I can just hope and pray that it gets back up and running!

so is the 2012 championships on hold too? or is that still happening? i just played bracketts while visiting a couple months ago. glad i hit it up.

We have plenty of back-up plans in place. The loss of Brackett's Bluff won't derail the 2012 Worlds, but it is a shame to miss out on one of the best courses disc golf has to offer.

I loved that old feller, shame he passed on. I loved the swinging basket, and the crazy boulders, and the feeling of hope for the future it gave me.....but, now, I must throw on. ELong, and Nevin here I come.

I don't see how Brackett's Bluff could of been any better than another GREAT DISC GOLF course from North Carolina that has gone to DISC GOLF HEAVEN. Anyone ever play the Boylan Family Farm in Laurel Springs?? That was the bomb. It was like playing on the moon but with trees (Christmas trees).

But I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Brackett's Bluff. I never got to play it either and if it was all what everyone is talking about, I would of made a 10 hour road trip to play it.

Damn...
I just realized that was the last person to review Area 74 (humboldt's version of Brackett's Bluff) and then the owner removed it from the site. Now, I'm the last person to have reviewed Brackett's and the owner has had to remove it from this site.
What have I done???
I gave them both great reviews!
DSCJNKY

Don't review any more... At least not on this coast.:D

the last 10 holes on that course were simply awesome. When i first heard about them shutting it down i thought someone slipped off the boulder on hole 9 i think it is and sued them. Glad that did not happen at least. It was the second best course in or near charlotte .

damn just seeing people post about this course brings back memories....awesome course, still my favorite to this day. nevin is a close 2nd

Played there yesterday, all I can say is WOW. I can't imagine the money and efforts that have been put into that course.

Plus I wanted to bump a really old thread!

Played there yesterday, all I can say is WOW. I can't imagine the money and efforts that have been put into that course.

Plus I wanted to bump a really old thread!

Yeah, you must have played some OTHER course, certainly not a course that DOESN'T EXIST. :| :| :|

:\

There really is no course there.

Post Date marked as October 2012.

Bumping. Yes, this fun course is indeed still open (not extinct); apparently the "dispute" with the conservation people has been "resolved." David told me that the conservation group did NOT want the traffic that the Worlds' Championship would bring, so it is considered private as usual. Sadly, I cannot review this course, update it, or report my scorecard (which contains an ace on hole #5). BTW, their pro shop is still open as well. Pictures need to be updated as the course has taken on several improvements and the hole #7 tee has changed. Also, has no one reviewed the night course (which IS different)??? Night DG still occurs on Wednesdays, including the trampoline hole.

Latest posts