• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Barry Schultz in 2nd place one stroke off the lead (Paul McBeth of course) @ age 50. Man that guy is really inspiring. What he's continuing to do should be a lot bigger of a story in disc golf than what it is. But I think in order to get any traction in media in disc golf you basically have to be your own megaphone, and he's always been pretty content to lay low and fly under the radar.

Barry Schultz in 2nd place one stroke off the lead (Paul McBeth of course) @ age 50. Man that guy is really inspiring. What he's continuing to do should be a lot bigger of a story in disc golf than what it is. But I think in order to get any traction in media in disc golf you basically have to be your own megaphone, and he's always been pretty content to lay low and fly under the radar.
Might be a great case for the people who want to cry about rating inflation... Barry is consistently rated higher now than he was when he started winning USDGCs around the age of 30.

His second round was worse, unofficially 944-rated, tied for 14th place out of 32. Looking at the hole-by-hole scoring, he faded badly down the closing stretch. Hard to say if that was Lyme-related or not.

His second round was worse, unofficially 944-rated, tied for 14th place out of 32. Looking at the hole-by-hole scoring, he faded badly down the closing stretch. Hard to say if that was Lyme-related or not.

I would guess so. The heat index today was over 105 and there is lots of elevation changes.

Scwebby also DNF'd. I think I saw that Schewbby posted somewhere that he wasn't feeling well

gjfmwzg.png

~50 people
0 masks
0 social distancing

I see two masks. Unfortunately there around their necks.

Group photos during a pandemic is a horrible decision.

Agreed.

This stands in complete counterpoint to the behavior I have seen firsthand at the events I have run/attended since we came back from shutdown. (and I am only a couple hours away) Players in this area have been very conscientious about social distancing.

He's going to be on the rd1 live card at DGLO this weekend.

Interesting, I may need to try to watch that if I get the time. I've seen a few of his videos but never seen him actually play before. Also need to get my grip6 picks in, though I guess I'm not even sure they are doing that for this tournament.

Interesting, I may need to try to watch that if I get the time. I've seen a few of his videos but never seen him actually play before. Also need to get my grip6 picks in, though I guess I'm not even sure they are doing that for this tournament.

Its on the DGN subscription service the first two rounds, if you don't have a sub already. It doesn't appear that they have the purchase one event option that they had up for DD Open. So it would be 8.99 unless you're a current pdga member then its 50% off. You would get Idlewild and Ledgestone for that one month fee also...

Will be interesting to see if his Lyme issues recur. Toboggan is pretty wide open, long, and has lots of ups and downs--quite the strain. Not much hiding from that late July sun out there...

Brodie is too competitive to not care about winning/ratings.

Or maybe it's part of the entertainment value he wants us to perceive. He's fairly self deprecating when it comes to his playing, that's one way to thin out the haters by critiquing himself negatively so they don't have to.

He's going to be on the rd1 live card at DGLO this weekend.

Nice, looking forward to it.

Latest posts