• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buying a putter- suggestions?

Which Putter should I go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You asked the magic question to where everyone is going to tell you THEIR favorite.

My advice is to find a disc golf store in person and fondle as many as you can.

174-176 Soft Magnet. I have two in my bag and 3 at the house for practice. Wizard and Voodoo are great but to stable for me. I want my putter to fly straight.

KC Pro Aviar. I bought it when I was looking for a new putter to try out. I didn't fall in love with it right away, but I stuck with it. It seriously took my putting to the next level. It's also a great driver for me too

DX Aviar Putt & Approach. Go for one that feels slightly "gummy" if you can find one.

You asked the magic question to where everyone is going to tell you THEIR favorite.

My advice is to find a disc golf store in person and fondle as many as you can.

Yup. To go even farther than that, you need to figure out your style first, can be hard to do without trying out a lot of putters first so it's a cart before the horse situation but if you can figure it out it'll shorten the learning curve. e.g., if my style is a lob putter I'm going with Magics and APX's. If I'm going in-line spin putter, I'll lean towards Wizards, etc.

Ions are great, especially if you don't mind the slick tops.

Gateway magic. sss. 175 gram. It's really straight and has a low profile grip so it doesnt get hung up in your hand. Its really rubbery so it grabs the chains well but its not too floppy like a blow fly or juju.

I've got a lot of love for the Rattler. I don't know anybody else who throws one, but I love that disc. It has a rubbery feel that's nothing like other D plastic discs, and it grabs the chains well. That bad boy flies dead straight with no glide at all. It's awesome for go-for putts and approaches too because when that thing lands, it's not going anywhere. I don't think I've ever seen my Rattler roll more than a foot or two even when it lands on its side. I would definitely recommend picking one up.

Gateway, Voodoo, Magic, Wizard

How do you leave these off a putter poll? LOL

I'm going to agree with those who are telling you to put a few of these in your hands before actually buying one. I don't think I'd buy another putter without seeing if it's comfortable in my hand. Remember, you'll probably use the same putter on nearly every hole that you play.

Personally, I've been using a Rattler. I like it and I think it has been a fine way to start, but I've been moving more towards a push putting style, so I think another putter might give me better results. The Rattler has a very thin and tall rim, which is difficult to push into my palm with my pinky finger. I'm thinking a Putt'r might do the trick, though I want to feel some some Gateway and Innova discs before I blindly choose another.

Latest posts