• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz not fading?

Well a broke in buzzz doesnt have huge hook... Maybe you should consider getting a wasp or something more ostable...

Or better yet learn how to control the buzzz...

It might help if you read the previous pages of this post. It's been discussed. Plus, I've been throwing the buzzz for 6 years now (not this same one, mind you).

If you read some of Discspeed's and other's posts, you'll see that it's not only me that have problems at this power level. It's a thing that's common to the disc, mainly.

Who said anything about a broken in buzzz? Again, we've covered the "more overstable mid" aspect. Thanks for the input...:doh:

I've always hoped that someday a disc company may produce a disc that feels and flies like a more overstable, more gyroscopic Buzzz. I have talked to some manufacturers and at least one agrees that that would be an admirable goal.

In the meantime, I would seriously play around with ripping the Buzzz with more hyzer. That's what's so cool about the Buzzz...With enough hyzer it can fly more overstable than the Roc can due to its speed and lower profile. I know that you would rather throw closer to flat and let the disc work, I usually do to, but learning to throw with more hyzer while still getting the nose down is a great skill to develop...I'm still not awesome at it, but compared to a couple of years ago I can do a lot more things with less discs.

Last edited:
Fail. Reread my post. I said "...For me, a (blank) is..." This means that a disc acts this way for me, not for someone (in general). Just trying to give some reference.

You don't have to believe me abou OAT. That's fine. If you'd like to come and watch, you're more than welcome...

You're not goddamn magic. Discs don't have some magic properties when you hold them that they don't when other people hold them. It's not like you have this aura of destabilization.

If when you throw a disc it behaves different from the way everybody else throws it...it's you.

If you are saying "I want a more overstable midrang" then Discraft has the Drone, Gateway has the Demon, and Innova makes the Gator. All good discs.

If you have the chance to hand pick the discs, for whatever reason the bubble topped drones are CRAZY overstable. I've got one that looks like it should flip over immediately out of your hand...but it never, ever will.

\/\/

You're not goddamn magic. Discs don't have some magic properties when you hold them that they don't when other people hold them. It's not like you have this aura of destabilization.

If when you throw a disc it behaves different from the way everybody else throws it...it's you.

Calm down, Will! I'm saying the wasp I have DOESN'T fade like a 1.5 rated disc should. It has a tiny bit of fade at the end. I've been playing and paying attention long enough to see and understand this kind of stuff.

It's not about "just me". People who throw buzzzes 350'+ have said similar things in this thread. I also have an echo star roc that is waaaay overstable, CONTRARY to what almost everyone has said. I've even had some friends watch my throws. At least I know DS and a few others have seen similar things with buzzzes. That's what matters.

Thanks, DS. I will play around with more hyzer angle. I can't throw with a lot of hyzer and/or a lot of anhyzer angle and add a lot of power. I guess it's practice time, huh? :thmbup:

Just threw my new Dynamic Disc Cryztal Buzzz today. First throw went straight as an arrow with a very minor fade at the end. Threw some big hyzers as well.

Im liking this one way better then my Z.

Hyzer..........or get a Halloween Buzzz or Glow Z.

I have been using the same Halloween for almost 2 years and although it is dead straight at this point I just put it on a big hyzer release and snap ot low and hard and usually it will stand up to flat but finish with a small hyzer.

I personally can throw the Buzz on 375ft holes but I usually throw a Wasp or Tracker instead as they seem more reliable at this distance due to the Buzzz being so straight.

Hyzer..........or get a Halloween Buzzz or Glow Z.

I have been using the same Halloween for almost 2 years and although it is dead straight at this point I just put it on a big hyzer release and snap ot low and hard and usually it will stand up to flat but finish with a small hyzer.

I personally can throw the Buzz on 375ft holes but I usually throw a Wasp or Tracker instead as they seem more reliable at this distance due to the Buzzz being so straight.

Thanks, Matt. Do you happen to know where any of the halloween buzzzes can be found? They sound quite tasty...

Believe it or not, I almost like my comets for longer distance because when you throw them with height, they'll level out and then (after a very long time) fade left.

Have you seen much of a difference in the fade in Wasps due to weight? I have a 168 (all the guy had at the time) that is pretty straight for 95% of it's flight when released flat. Only a minor fade. Is this different for a 178? Or, does it really require more of a hyzered angle release? (As stated above and DS pointed out, I like to release flat vs angled. I will work on the latter, but would really prefer the former, as it's more consistent.)

Thanks!

Daniel

Out of curiosity have you seen a 370' midrange throw? They behave differently than they do at 320'. Wasps also aren't all exactly the same. There's a chance the one he has doesn't fade as hard as some others.

Out of curiosity have you seen a 370' midrange throw? They behave differently than they do at 320'. Wasps also aren't all exactly the same. There's a chance the one he has doesn't fade as hard as some others.

I agree. I don't think most Wasps are that much more stable than Buzzzes...If thrown flat most fade late.

Aftershock, still gonna be pretty straight in the upper 300's but they do fade more reliably than a Buzz

I agree. I don't think most Wasps are that much more stable than Buzzzes...If thrown flat most fade late.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree here. I know that you know your buzzze so I might just be bad at picking them out, but the last 3 z wasps I have bought have been like mini predators almost. I have never had a buzzz come even close to being as overstable as what every z wasp I have thrown has been. I have to put hyzer on a buzzz for it to fade except for one buzzz (out of like 15) I have whereas with wasps, I can put them out on an anny and they will still finish left unless it is severly beat up.

Thanks for the backup, DS.

Garu--yep, mine may not be the most overstable. I agree. It is only 168g after all.

Last edited:
In my expierence w/ wasps, the first runs were massivly overstable, the new stamp seems more overstable then the ones from a year or two ago( stamp at top and bottom- empty middle)

I had a couple of the dark blue, flat topped ones from the original run. Those were SWEET!!! However, that was a loooong time ago and I have long since lost/moved on. Ah, well. Those were the days!

I'd be interested in trying a max weight wasp and compare it to my 168g. I wonder how different it would be...

In my expierence w/ wasps, the first runs were massivly overstable, the new stamp seems more overstable then the ones from a year or two ago( stamp at top and bottom- empty middle)

This

I put a recent run Wasp in the bag and it was more stable than some of the older ones and seemed to fly more like a Wasp should.........clearish yellow Z.

The one I have is clear, VERY flat topped and is dyed. I don't have another to compare PLHs. I'd like to, just to see.

Anyone thrown a lighter weight (mid 160s) vs heavy (high 170s) that can compare stabilities?

See, I can tell if I've OATed the wasp, as it will turn mid flight if I have (sometimes I do to get a certain flight out of it). When I don't, it will fly dead straight with a slight fade at the end. All I was trying to say is that I was hoping for more. If I hyzer the wasp, it WILL NOT come out of it. That's a good aspect of it. It comes back to me needing to throw with more hyzer angle. I just like not having to and letting the discs do the work.

Are there any pros out there (besides Discspeed) that do this? Or am I wierd in that way? Is it just preference? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Latest posts