• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Haha Nates commentary. I just watched for 2 holes so far (in the middle) and he cracks me up! Rollers haha

are you the same guy that asks about it on all the youtube comments? I told you I'll post it once you can spell it right. :p Still waiting!

But really, probably doing commentary on it next week. Vids up the week or two after.

Different guy here:

Very excited to watch the footage from the Sward's Ranch Classic when it's ready! Very unique course; I'm sure a bunch of DGCR folks would be interested to see some of the natural features that we deal with here in Montana.

Big time thanks for giving some attention to our little corner of the world. Also looking forward to watching the RMC :thmbup:

It was the banging track on the teaser video, Sword's ranch has been in my head ever since.

Is it just me or does hyzer flip means the disc doesn't stay hyzer but actually flips up? Not trying to be smart. Maybe I misunderstand this. I don't see how a disc released on hyzer that stays on that line the whole way is a hyzer flip per the second person's drive hole 1 in the underground round. Just my 2 cents. Sorry about being picky. I could spend a few paragraphs thanking you for all your hard work because it would be deserved.

Poor Ian wants to see his wife sometimes! ;)

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup: It's a fine balance in making disc golf vids, and not getting divorced for making disc golf vids. This week is tough, I'm trying to put in some quality time as I'll be gone filming SoCal champs all weekend.

Different guy here:

Very excited to watch the footage from the Sward's Ranch Classic when it's ready! Very unique course; I'm sure a bunch of DGCR folks would be interested to see some of the natural features that we deal with here in Montana.

Big time thanks for giving some attention to our little corner of the world. Also looking forward to watching the RMC :thmbup:

Agreed it looks cool! RMC is almost done! Well editing anyway. Just have a couple holes left of the final 9, then commentary time. The course looks better than last year, there was no smoke in the air, I had my sweet new cam, and I brought my drone guy for hole previews. Vids should be great!

It was the banging track on the teaser video, Sword's ranch has been in my head ever since.

That vid was dope! Promise I'll get on these.

Is it just me or does hyzer flip means the disc doesn't stay hyzer but actually flips up? Not trying to be smart. Maybe I misunderstand this. I don't see how a disc released on hyzer that stays on that line the whole way is a hyzer flip per the second person's drive hole 1 in the underground round. Just my 2 cents. Sorry about being picky. I could spend a few paragraphs thanking you for all your hard work because it would be deserved.

Thanks!

It definitely got to a lesser hyzer angle than it was released on which means it flipped up right? I don't really care one way or the other. I can stop saying it if it bugs ya. What should I call that shot? Just a hyzer? Calling it just that leaves me wanting more, as it's different than a hyzer that stays on the same angle or increases hyzer angle.

O I forgot to mention:

Champ V Chumps the regrudgening (part 3) is happening the 27th! Just talked to Paul and he's down. I also hit up Nate and he's agreed to add in some amazing commentary in post (can't be there in person this time). Probably gonna happen at LaMirada (maybe super layout?). I'll post time info if anyone wants to come watch/be a chump for a hole.

O I forgot to mention:

Champ V Chumps the regrudgening (part 3) is happening the 27th! Just talked to Paul and he's down. I also hit up Nate and he's agreed to add in some amazing commentary in post (can't be there in person this time). Probably gonna happen at LaMirada (maybe super layout?). I'll post time info if anyone wants to come watch/be a chump for a hole.
YES! CvC is the best part of the season coming to an end.

I need to see if I can somehow swing a 'work trip' out to the west coast!

On the hyzer-flip thing I am curious what other people more knowledgeable than myself would say about that. IMO, if the disc actually goes from hyzer to flat / to - or hyzer to flat to turn right sometimes even coming back to fade out if the disc is overstable enough to pull it off that would be a hyzer flip. When the disc flies hyzer angle and never lets it go and finishes out on the same line it was released on / that would just be a hyzer or if released high sometimes people will say a hyzer bomb...that is how I have heard things explained since I started playing 12 years ago but that doesn't mean I understand it correctly!

Last edited:
I tend to say hyzer flip if the disc is released on hyzer and flips up any amount. Whether that is from slight hyzer and it flips a lot or if iti flips from one degree of a hyzer to a lesser degree of hyzer. As with all terminology I'm sure people use it differently, but to me it just means anything released on a hyzer that flips any amount.

Champs vs Chumps should have Ricky.

Once a champ always a champ, like being president. They still call Climo The Champ even though he's not reigning right now.

On which team :D ?

#shotsfired #Ianneedshelp :p

>#Ianneedshelp

Sooo sooo much help. I've been playing a ton lately though, hope it helps. Spoiler alert, it won't :wall:

On the hyzer-flip thing I am curious what other people more knowledgeable than myself would say about that. IMO, if the disc actually goes from hyzer to flat / to - or hyzer to flat to turn right sometimes even coming back to fade out if the disc is overstable enough to pull it off that would be a hyzer flip. When the disc flies hyzer angle and never lets it go and finishes out on the same line it was released on / that would just be a hyzer or if released high sometimes people will say a hyzer bomb...that is how I have heard things explained since I started playing 12 years ago but that doesn't mean I understand it correctly!

I can see that perspective too. What about the shot in question though? It was released on a hyzer, but flipped up to a lesser hyzer angle, before fading.

I tend to say hyzer flip if the disc is released on hyzer and flips up any amount. Whether that is from slight hyzer and it flips a lot or if iti flips from one degree of a hyzer to a lesser degree of hyzer. As with all terminology I'm sure people use it differently, but to me it just means anything released on a hyzer that flips any amount.

This is how I use it. With the sport being so "new" it doesn't seem like there's a for sure correct definition. Kinda like how some people use the word stable to mean straight and some use it to mean overstable.

how do you guys decide who gets lead card coverage between you and jomez or any of the other channels that do DG, im curious cause i love you and your videos are way more entertaining than theirs.

how do you guys decide who gets lead card coverage between you and jomez or any of the other channels that do DG, im curious cause i love you and your videos are way more entertaining than theirs.

Knives,guns,or swords usually takes care of this matter. think anchorman