• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Common Man scoffs at disc golf

Jeronimo said:
Don't you have a pair of hello kitty sneakers to be purchasing?
No, but I have had my eye on these:
teddy-bear-sneakers-2414-1285273359-151.jpg

What do you prefer: pink or brown? (TWSS)

jaboc83 said:
The Common Man discussed disc golf on his radio show yesterday and told his listeners that he can go out and shoot even par on the course the first time he went out on a disc golf course.

skip to 22 min to get to the disc golf.
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podca...Common&selected_podcast=COMMON_7-6-11_HR1.mp3

Pretty sad. I wish he'd taken some time to find out about it before dismissing it in front of his particularly large listening audience.

There is no reason to accept this insult. Minnesotan disc golfers should fight back.

My vague plan for fighting back: Send the Common Man a disc and a challenge to play against a cute female Pro from Minnesota (assuming such a creature exists and of course, don't mention she is a Pro). If Common Man refuses the challenge or refuses to acknowledge the challenge then inundate his shows with calls from irate disc golfers.

Mark Ellis said:
jaboc83 said:
Send the Common Man a disc and a challenge to play against a cute female Pro from Minnesota (assuming such a creature exists and of course, don't mention she is a Pro)

Let's send her to the course in a carriage drawn by unicorns while we're at it

jaboc83 said:
The Common Man discussed disc golf on his radio show yesterday and told his listeners that he can go out and shoot even par on the course the first time he went out on a disc golf course.

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podca...Common&selected_podcast=COMMON_7-6-11_HR1.mp3

Pretty sad. I wish he'd taken some time to find out about it before dismissing it in front of his particularly large listening audience.

Piffle. We have no need for commoners here.

The Common Man is just a schtick. All those long pauses and incredible lack of concepts and general trends is all to get a rise out of people for comedy. I don't like that he bashed disc golf but this guy does stuff on purpose to piss people off. I would like to challenge Dan Cole the Common Man to a round of disc and completely embarrass him. Some of his bits are just hilarious and I love them, the other half bore me and I switch to 1500 espn.

Common was ripping Joe Mauer today, couldn't stand the bit. He said what he did at his first start at 1b wasn't a big deal that he could go out and field balls at first. He must be trying to get a rise out of people. Lets all email the Common Man show and see if we can enough response to get him out at an event in the area to play a round.

Mark Ellis said:
jaboc83 said:

There is no reason to accept this insult. Minnesotan disc golfers should fight back.

My vague plan for fighting back: Send the Common Man a disc and a challenge to play against a cute female Pro from Minnesota (assuming such a creature exists and of course, don't mention she is a Pro). If Common Man refuses the challenge or refuses to acknowledge the challenge then inundate his shows with calls from irate disc golfers.

Good strategy.

And never forget, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Nick M said:
Common was ripping Joe Mauer today, couldn't stand the bit. He said what he did at his first start at 1b wasn't a big deal that he could go out and field balls at first. He must be trying to get a rise out of people. Lets all email the Common Man show and see if we can enough response to get him out at an event in the area to play a round.

Sounds like a poor man's Jim Rome.

Nick M said:
The Common Man is just a schtick. All those long pauses and incredible lack of concepts and general trends is all to get a rise out of people for comedy. I don't like that he bashed disc golf but this guy does stuff on purpose to piss people off. I would like to challenge Dan Cole the Common Man to a round of disc and completely embarrass him. Some of his bits are just hilarious and I love them, the other half bore me and I switch to 1500 espn.

This^

The Common Man loves to poke at anything and everything that he thinks will get a rise out of people in order to gain more listeners and encourage more discussions and call-ins.

I think he's generally pretty entertaining and I don't really take anything that he said about disc golf (or anything else he attacks) at face value. He loves to exaggerate (hence the "I'd rather light my hair of fire") as a way to light a fire under people.

At any rate, I wouldn't invest much into what he said about our sport, as I am sure he didn't either.

A couple 13, 14 courses have closed since Common ripped us. Thankfully they were all horrible, something the TC has a surplus of.

Funny you mentioned this, I actually spoke with the radio hosts Johnston and Flynn up here in Boston on Sunday about Disc Golf. They were talking about "non-mainstream" sports, I texted in and mentioned Disc Golf and they scoffed at the idea. Some real quotes, like, "Hey, wasn't disc golf that game the stoners were playing in that movie PCU", and "Any game in which you drink beer during it, is not a sport." So, I guess fishing isn't a sport, I guess bowling isn't a sport, I guess Golf isn't a sport, Nascar isn't a sport, I can go on and on...

However, Flynn, who was a former professional football player in the NFL did say he was going to take his two young boys out and try it. So I guess he was somewhat intrigued.

I also mentioned that at the upcoming worlds tournaments and all PDGA events for that matter, no alchol is allowed, proper dress attire is required and an overall "gentlemen's" approach to the game is expected. I also further mentioned that dip and cigarettes would be banned for the upcoming "Worlds", a statement that NO sport to this day has ever made.. Baseball, football, hockey... etc...