• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Common Man scoffs at disc golf

jaboc83

Par Member
The Common Man discussed disc golf on his radio show yesterday and told his listeners that he can go out and shoot even par on the course the first time he went out on a disc golf course.

skip to 22 min to get to the disc golf.
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podca...Common&selected_podcast=COMMON_7-6-11_HR1.mp3

Pretty sad. I wish he'd taken some time to find out about it before dismissing it in front of his particularly large listening audience.

He's a popular sports radio show host in MN. I know it's he's not really huge nation wide, but he does have a big listening audience in the Twin cities which sucks because we have a good disc golf scene.

I really do not like the Common Man, mainly because of his poor vocal cadence. He pauses too often and it annoys the hell out of me. I like that Paul during the morning show showed some geniune interest in the sport and Timmy Gill's call was fantastic.

I agree about the pauses in his speech; kind of annoying. He's entertaining at times, but usually just pisses me off like Glen Beck & Bill O'reilly; just spitting out nonsense that the majority of his listeners will simply regurgitate later to their friends without checking the facts.

Patrick Reusse did the same thing a little while back where he sat in his car and watch some rec players tee off. His entire judgment of the sport is based upon those ten minutes of watching new players play.

The other guy on the show did ask him to play and he said he'd rather light his hair on fire and a variety of other ridiculous things than play disc golf.

So he is a sports radio personality and said something stupid? You guys know that is all sports radio people do right? They get paid to say stupid stuff and to get people to argue with them.

Yep totally understand that. Heated debates are what keep the listener interested. The problem is that there was nobody there to play the other side; Nobody who really knows the sport was there to argue with him. I know it's nothing new , but it still sucks when you hear stuff like that.

jaboc83 said:
Yep totally understand that. Heated debates are what keep the listener interested. The problem is that there was nobody there to play the other side; Nobody who really knows the sport was there to argue with him. I know it's nothing new , but it still sucks when you hear stuff like that.

No one there to debate the other side? I hope Bob from Duluth (long time caller) doesn't get a bad impression of disc golf between calling players who have concussions sissies and eating deep fried twinkies.

Maybe, but Bob from Duluth isn't going to be thrilled about his tax money going to support some new city disc parks either now. Could be that Bob and his drunk highschool football buddies are going to go rip some baskets out at that local course to show those damn disc hippies what they think of the sport.

Frank Delicious said:
sports radio: the real reason for course vandalism.

Yeah alright, your right about everything. Nothing bad will ever come from somebody talking bad about disc golf; It has absolutely no effect on the sport whatsoever. I'm sorry I dirtied your forum.

We could probably check to see what happens when sports get criticized on sports radio in the past. Lets check and see.

'listens to hundreds of hours of sports radio

Ok I'm back and I've checked up on what happens when other sports get trashtalked on sports radio. It turns out nothing happened. Probably because sports radio is dumb and has no bearing on anything.

Latest posts