• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Compass midrange

Can you beat the fade out of it with time? Cause as it is now it more or less flies like a Buzz for me but have a really hard fade in the end.

Is it hard fade because the disc has a lot of height to it? Perhaps it isn't getting much spin on the launch?
Disc will fade as spin slows, and the higher it is when this happens, the more time and space it has to fade.

Can you beat the fade out of it with time? Cause as it is now it more or less flies like a Buzz for me but have a really hard fade in the end.

Over time and usage the Compass should begin to fade less. Ricky Wisocky, in his video on the Compass (his WITB video speaking of the Compass), said that he was seasoning in Compasses to a straight/understable condition.

I guess I will just have to play more rounds every week. LOL, I got a old warped Buzz which still holds just fine to compliment my compasses. I got 2 opto and playing just with one of them just to season it. :)

I guess I will just have to play more rounds every week. LOL, I got a old warped Buzz which still holds just fine to compliment my compasses. I got 2 opto and playing just with one of them just to season it. :)

I finally got a Gold Line Compass to go with my Sockibomb Opto Compass. I've had limited opportunities to use it, but I got in a few throws on the range (big flat schoolyard). Right now, they're flying about the same: straight with a little bit of dump fade. I think the Opto Compass, which I've used more, is juuuust starting to season in a bit. I'm going to try to get the GL Compass some work, and if it beats in to neutral/understable, I might just have to carry both and do that "mold minimization" others around here talk about...

I like this disc. Pairs pretty well with a Fuse.

I normally throw DX Rocs and prefer deeper rims on mids. This def fits the bill and has some nice stability.

I like this disc. Pairs pretty well with a Fuse.

I normally throw DX Rocs and prefer deeper rims on mids. This def fits the bill and has some nice stability.

I just got one to throw around and agree that the deeper rim is nice. The other thing I haven't seen mentioned (although I skipped parts of the thread) is that this disc has a non-plus rim like Rocs used to. Vertical enough (it isn't perfectly vertical, but close) to almost feel like it has a bead.

Stable enough for everything I need a mid for, great if you only want a one disc mid setup.

Yes it should but it is made by Westside and he is allowed to play with all Triology discs but he is in the end sponsored by Latitude 64.

I hit an ace with one of my opto compasses this weekend on a 84m island hole.

I recently purchased a max weight moonshine compass. I'm a big MD3 fan, but find they lose their hss rather quickly, out of the box at least it seems this compass is about as hss as a roc3 in my experience but with less fade. Perfect compliment to my MD3s which I feel are slightly less HSS than a roc3 but have the same fade. Both the MD3 and the moonshine compass feel much better in the hand than the roc3

I just got throw my new Opto Compass around. Its surprisingly more OS than I anticipated. It seems be a lot like my Champ Roc3 but with maybe a little more glide and a more gradual fad. I like it a lot. Once I can get back on the course more regularly I'll put it up against the Roc3s. As of now, I like the feel of the Compass in the hand, especially for FH shots. Its much flatter than any of my Champ Roc3s

I love my compass. I have 2 opto. Very flat, very easy to hold fh and bh.
Great disc.
It's straight to stable for most.of us mortals, I cary a flippier disc to compliment it. Wish it came in zero line so bad.

So I love the straight flight of the moonshine compass with a very late and mild fade but I'd love a slightly flippier disc to pair it with that has a similar feel/profile.

Am I looking for a truth? Maybe in prime? Or is there something else that matches better? Mainly looking for a beat in version of my compass off the shelf that doesn't finish left at all but doesn't flip too hard,

So I love the straight flight of the moonshine compass with a very late and mild fade but I'd love a slightly flippier disc to pair it with that has a similar feel/profile.

Am I looking for a truth? Maybe in prime? Or is there something else that matches better? Mainly looking for a beat in version of my compass off the shelf that doesn't finish left at all but doesn't flip too hard,

flat tp warship maybe. non emacs truths would still need to get broken in some.

Warships is one option, but it is a bit faster. Another one could be Claymore, though it is a bit lower profiled and flatter.

Yet another option, if you want substantially US counterpart, would be the Fuse. Probably the most similar feel of the bunch.

Snaques is right on. Claymore will be slightly flippier, Fuse will be more flippy. I strongly prefer the feel of the Claymore to the Fuse, so I'd probably season a recycled or prime Claymore if I wanted a flippier mid, or Id go all the way to a Tursas or Meteor which have better rims but are way US.