• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Compass midrange

I notice I am using my Goldline more often than my Opto. Is seems to finish a little straighter and glides a bit more. Are others noticing similar results?

Threw a 172 Opto (Sparkle) and it was fairly similar in flight to a Roc3.

Really liking my max weight gold line Compass. But an ace will do that for your opinion of a disc. :)

My forehand game is weak but I'm getting confidence with forehand approaches with the Compass.

If you're looking for an understable complement I'd go Meteor. Similar size and diameter and another all-around awesome disc.

I notice I am using my Goldline more often than my Opto. Is seems to finish a little straighter and glides a bit more. Are others noticing similar results?

Just the opposite for me; my Opto Compass is straighter and goes a bit farther than the Gold Line Compass.

Having said that, I've used my Opto Compass a lot more, so it probably has seasoned in more. If I use my Gold Line more, it likely will season in and be more like the Opto is now.

I got 2 Opto Compasses. 1 is getting alot more play then the other so it is starting to get beat in to go really straight with some fade. Had it go dead straight for 84m at maybe less then a meter height. I love mine. They are replacing my buzzes I had in my bag. Still keep on for the easier anny lines when I don't want any fade as my buzz will keep the line until it hits the ground. :)

Anyone beat one of these in to the point it develops some HS turn?

One of mine has developed just a slight bit of turn. Maybe a -.25 to -.5 (in moderate headwind) and I've totally thrashed it. I have thrown it over and over on every single hole I've played for the last 2 months, thrown it into trees, into the ground and into the chains. It seems to have lost some of the LSS too as it has a very soft forward fade to it now.

The jury is still out though because Tuesday was the first day I noticed any turn out of it and the winds were kind of all over the place. I'll give it another go later in the week and let you know.

Last edited:
I got to try out a few Compasses today. One max weight Opto, two max weight Moonshine. And man, these things are nice. They hold whatever angle you give them, and finish with a gentle fade. Feels really nice in the hand, has nice gentle contours. Feels deeper-rimmed than my Buzzzes for sure. If the Buzzz did not already exist, this would probably be my go-to mid. I can pretty much treat them how I would a fresh Z Buzzz. That is saying a lot. Good mold.

So would it be fair to say the compass is more high speed stable than a truth, but less hss and lss than a mace?

I think the biggest difference between this and a truth is speed. It is a tick more (over)stable also, but the profile is a bit blunter, so it feels like a 4 or 4.5 (like a roc) were as the truth really feels like more than a 5.

It's more roc than buzzz. I love it.I have 4 with a fifth on the way.

So would it be fair to say the compass is more high speed stable than a truth, but less hss and lss than a mace?

More HSS than a truth for sure. I think the HSS on the compass and mace are about the same, mace has a tick more fade and will fight out of an anny a bit.

I find that it flies similar to a beat in Pain but a new Pain will have more HSS and LSS.

More HSS than a truth for sure. I think the HSS on the compass and mace are about the same, mace has a tick more fade and will fight out of an anny a bit.

This is sounding about right. The Mace is way more overstable than I was hoping in zero hard. The truth is too flippy for what I want...now if they make a zero hard compass I might buy in on it. I like a straight flying mid, like a ghost (which I find straighter overall than a Roc)

Latest posts