• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

You do see some pretty cool plastics hit those auctions those.. but overall the prices may be a bit inflated. But hey, if you see a ROC and it has a stamp on it that you decide you need in your bag/ on your wall and you want to pay $40+ for it... go for it champ!

^^^^^
You do not need an invite n find the group you want to join. And asked to be invited if it is a closed group and if it is not then your good to go

Besides things being worth what people will pay, Facebook opened the disc selling/trading world to non-competitive players. It immediately increased the buying market by 300+%

I think the Facebook auction page is great. it's an avenue to a whole new type of dg community, like a new generation that has revitalized disc prices. I love dgcr, but it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a 'good' price out of a disc without getting a dozen lowball offers or people wanting to trade their old crap. I've moved all of my sales to FB because no one on here wants to pay good money anymore, which is depressing because of how much i love dgcr. dgcr has a more tenured community that remembers when most of these discs were sold brand new for $15 and thinks that they are not worth as much as what other people will now pay. it's just how things work sometimes.

Think out of print disc prices have gotten bad? -try buying a clean wrought anvil for under $3.00 a pound anymore. Collectors, uneducated consumers, and more venues for which to sell/buy are the problem, but as problems go, it doesn't even rank. I have bigger more important things that need my attention, like getting my weight shift/hit timing down, leading with my elbow, pulling around the disc, putting, etceteras.

It is laughable what people will pay when a big name pro is selling something. I saw Will Schusterick post a regular old 12x KC Aviar with a nice sized gouge in it for over $35. Not even a signature on it. It's almost like some people believe that owning a disc a pro once owned will make them better

It is laughable what people will pay when a big name pro is selling something. I saw Will Schusterick post a regular old 12x KC Aviar with a nice sized gouge in it for over $35. Not even a signature on it. It's almost like some people believe that owning a disc a pro once owned will make them better

I've noticed that as well. Avery has made bank on some of his personal stock. Colglazier got over $50 for a team stamped Prodigy disc... Must be nice to be a pro!

i dont mind seeing the Pro's get a premium for their plastic, especially if people will pay for it. It helps support the advancement of dg by allowing them to keep playing instead of taking on a traditional career.

If people are willing to pay top dollar for discs, more power to them, but I laugh when those same people complain about a $4 pay to play course.

Greed is ruining disc prices.

:clap:

Better question is Facebook ruining America?

Yes and No. It's had a dramatic impact on the world. It makes it easier to see what people are up to (good or bad) and allows for promotion to be easily exposed. It's made it easier for guys to talk to girls when they get shot down (lmao). You can make the argument either way.

If people are willing to pay top dollar for discs, more power to them, but I laugh when those same people complain about a $4 pay to play course.

I know. I ask friends if they want to go to a paid course and they are like "$4. No dude let's do a free one." I'm like dude it's $4!!! That's nothing. We are so lucky.

I've noticed that as well. Avery has made bank on some of his personal stock. Colglazier got over $50 for a team stamped Prodigy disc... Must be nice to be a pro!

I know what you mean, but the fact that they have to sell discs speaks to how it's not terribly nice to be a pro. :D

I know what you mean, but the fact that they have to sell discs speaks to how it's not terribly nice to be a pro. :D

I was acually thinking the same thing. Kind of pitiful when the top touring pros have to sell plastic to pay bills and travel expenses. This sport needs some major sponsors...pronto.

A fool and his money will soon be parted ..... I personally wouldn't buy on there since prices are going up..... I do buy on here though .....the feeler threads kill me on fb

I am new to the collector market but have been playing disc for yrs. I have started a nice collection mainly by FB and have no negative experiences. The dollar disc auctions is a gamble but I have snagged some sweet plastic on them. I like the flow of FB, the stream structure is easier for me to look at tons of discs in a short time.

This stuff is pretty funny, unless it's a collector's item I wouldnt pay more then $20 for a disc. Why wouldnt you just buy from a store then some random online? I buy these things to chuck em, not to bring it out and look at how pretty it is....

I don't particularly care about the collector market, but I can sympathize for others. I left all those FB groups because I couldn't handle the price gouging. Plus I'm sure they got tired of my trolling.

Seeing an ordinary purple eraser wizard sell for $20 is what got me. Especially since I own one.. and paid $5 for it out of the PIAS used bin. I have yet to actually win an auction, because I stop bidding once I feel its gotten past what it should be sold for.... but the things that were getting out of hand were the mystery auctions. People werw paying $200+ just in hopes that there would be 1-2 really good discs in there. Then they find out that the mystery proto stamped disc was a Groove or something awesome like that and they get mad cause they just paid $250 for stock plastic they could of picked up for a lot less.. while the seller is just sitting back with a smile

Latest posts