• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

Not sure how much I trust any information with Wikipedia as a source. Not saying that Facebook doesn't have a marketplace, just saying the site does not function as a viable marketplace.

We know that you don't trust Facebook or Wikipedia.

Who do you trust?

I also very much dislike the sellers on DDGA that list everything as.

Super Sick Double Stamped!! Newly Released Innova GUMMY Glow Champion Boss, USA Flag Foil Stamping!! Super Gummy and Super Grippy!! Awesomeness!! Only 1 of 10 with This Stamp On This Disc.

Just list the damn disc for what it actually is and stop trying to make your discs seem way more valuable then they actually are. And because of these people, anyone who buys a disc that is label that way with the 1 of 10 or 1 of 25 with this stamp on this disc BS, now thinks that they have something rare when its the most common thing in the world. When the place an order from wherever they get an assortment of stamps and just because its a 1 of whatever in that order doesn't make it rare or more valuable.

I don't care how it's posted. Marketing, brah!

Super Sick Double Stamped!! Newly Released Innova GUMMY Glow Champion Boss, USA Flag Foil Stamping!! Super Gummy and Super Grippy!! Awesomeness!! Only 1 of 10 with This Stamp On This Disc.

Anything that doesn't have flight numbers, is "pre-flight numbers" now and it's suddenly supposed to be worth more. I only watch for Teebirds and Rocs on DDGA. Don't mess around with any thing else. Recently scored an 11x KC Pro roc for $10, so that was cool.

..........anticipating the Stobaugh DGCR account being made soon (unless he already has one) that will spark the fire to get this thread landfilled in the next 24 hours.......:popcorn:

Never thought I would buy any discs as a collector piece but I have always wanted a first run star shark and snagged one on DDGA a few weeks ago for 25$. If for nothing else all the disc action on ddga and dgce helps drown out some of the useless things other people on my friend a list are posting.

But this reminds me...I did see a post a few days ago on one of those pages and they were saying someone named brandon mast ripped them off. He was apparently a very reputable seller on here who had been ripping people off online. His last feedback on here was negative though. The other 300+ were all positive. Im not sure what happened to him on here or on facebook...but alot of pissed off customers wanna know where there stuff is, so beware. Just a FYI...not trying to bash.

This is the guy: bmast

When he wasn't charging ridiculous prices for discs, he could usually be found posting extremely intelligent stuff on here. :rolleyes:

This forum is faaar better off without him, and I hope that no one else has to deal with his garbage anytime soon. Hope whoever he ripped off is compensated and that karma takes a nice hefty steamer on him.

Anything that doesn't have flight numbers, is "pre-flight numbers" now and it's suddenly supposed to be worth more. I only watch for Teebirds and Rocs on DDGA. Don't mess around with any thing else. Recently scored an 11x KC Pro roc for $10, so that was cool.

That's not exclusive to Facebook. I believe I saw that happen here first.
It's crazy and funny.

As someone who sells a decent amount of stuff, I'm relatively happy for the Facebook boom. But with that said, the Facebook has ruined the 'Parking Lot' deal. Prior to the Facebook, most collecting was done via Ebay and sites like this. Many people weren't selling their discs online. They would sit in boxes in trunks, closets and garages. Now, nearly everyone has the Facebook and has heard about the crazy prices and rabid buyers and has jumped in on the action. They are getting silly, crazy prices on the Facebook and now are no longer interested in selling out of their trunk at the course, which is where I USED to get the majority of my discs.

I'm interested to see where it is a year from now on the Facebook collecting sites.

I like the FB pages for auctions because it cost less than ebay in fees and you know who you are dealing with. I have sold several discs and only had one person not pay. Most pay within 6 hours I have found and many within minutes of the auction ending. With the possibility of sites such as ebay being taxed in the future, I think many ebay sellers will turn to social media for sales. The only part that is frustrating is when random people that are not bidding hijack auctions with random comments.

I like the FB pages for auctions because it cost less than ebay in fees and you know who you are dealing with. I have sold several discs and only had one person not pay. Most pay within 6 hours I have found and many within minutes of the auction ending. With the possibility of sites such as ebay being taxed in the future, I think many ebay sellers will turn to social media for sales. The only part that is frustrating is when random people that are not bidding hijack auctions with random comments.

I hijack auctions with comments but only when the seller doesn't present all the info to the buyers or when they mis label something or when you can tell that they are purposefully trying to scam people.

I have purchased several (20+) discs from Free Disc Golf Auctions, Innova Only and a few others on FB. I don't feel that I overpaid for anything. Several auctions have been won for less than $10...I'm happy to get anything I throw shipped to my door at that price.

There were a few slow shippers, and 1 FR Starfire auction that turned out to be an SL, but never had to ask for a refund.

Not sure how much I trust any information with Wikipedia as a source. Not saying that Facebook doesn't have a marketplace, just saying the site does not function as a viable marketplace.

Wow. It's a sourced fact. I can also confirm it's existence because I bought and sold things on the FB marketplace when I was in college.

I do not "do" Facebook. :gross:

I certainly would not buy anything off of Facebook. :\

I certainly AM glad Facebook has siphoned off what seems to be a good chunk of the DGCR Marketplace traffic. :)

everytime i need to wait 60seconds between PMs i just go to facebook and post it there.

Time to overhaul the marketplace and connect this site with some facebook widgets/apps. I also got on the smart phone/mobile tablet market in the last few weeks and would love to see marketplace here reach the level that the facebook pages are reaching.

PRICES are silly there and hoarders are buying tons of stuff so the prices go higher nad higher. wait i'm part of that problem.

bottomline this marketplace is slowly dying. Needs the facebook angle.

Latest posts