• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

Totally nineties comics, i forget who said this was like that, but it was on the head. People on dgcr seem to mostly buy to throw, people on facebook buy to hang on the wall or resell, and the prices reflect that, imo.

So waitaminute, I'm still trying to grasp this. What is that disc? Is it any different than the Star Destroyers you can get on discgolfcenter.com for $16? Help me out here.

He never said he got the full hundred for it, but he didn't say he didn't either....

And yet, I can't sell CE for half that. :shrugs:

Indeed
I guess I just don't understand.

Neither do I but I'm definitely hitting all the usual spots to see if there's any old destroyers laying around. Though all the usual spots have been pretty much dry as of late. None of the PIASs around me have any used discs at all and haven't for months..to the point where I pretty much stopped looking.

So waitaminute, I'm still trying to grasp this. What is that disc? Is it any different than the Star Destroyers you can get on discgolfcenter.com for $16? Help me out here.

I honestly don't know, I dont throw destroyers. The new ones have the Avery stamp on them so they are different....75 dollars different? Well I dont know about that. There are like 10 different destroyers out there though so who knows.

Hey guys... Ive got a 6/10 Pre-flight numbers Wraith. Taking offers starting at $100

Thats what they are going for now,right?:wall::wall::wall:

Why was the "collecting" thread lumped in? Facebook was mentioned, but not the main focus of the thread...
Mostly because I'm an idiot.

sincerely,
honestbot

Point taken, though. I'll see if I can split some stuff out.

Mostly because I'm an idiot.

sincerely,
honestbot

Point taken, though. I'll see if I can split some stuff out.

No worries, don't waste your time. It was nice to see that I'm not alone thinking there is a "bubble". I'm selling everything (almost). And I will be content knowing that I'm making at least triple what I have "invested". I realized I like to play more than collect, but I still have a few gems tucked away. One for example is a mint, 10/10, original Eagle. That to me is a piece of history and a collectible, not some S/DS destroyer. But, to each their own! The trick is to not be the last one holding onto it when the market tanks...

Is there a certain group on Facebook that is this magical place? Which "disc auction" group is the one to be in? Or are the 2 or 3 good ones?

So apparently if you only throw a disc "a couple of times" its still "10/10 brand new." What a nob.

Original swans are rare?

Hot damn, black one headed to spacebook.
pizza's on the trilogy tonight.

So, as my black Swan sits at over $150 right now in Trilogy Auctions, thanks for the tip about Swans :)

Swear to Swedish Chris that I'll buy my $5 crown outta that loot.

you're ****ting me.

good for you, hahaha!

you know, i don't really mind this. it's a hilarious situation, but hey. things go for what they go for. as long as stock discs stay the same at retail, who cares.

Every time I see you post I have Paul Simon in my head for an hour

Okay, I think the Facebook collecting groups, as well as some of the prices paid elsewhere (here, ebay, etc), are ridiculous. I agree with you guys on that.

But my question is - What does it matter to you?

It's been established that "something is worth what people pay for it". While many of us may agree that we would never pay $100 for a Destroyer, or $250 for a CE Gator, there are people who would pay that. So why does it matter? Why did we have to combine 7 threads about this nonsense?

Everyone complaining about Facebook prices are people who don't throw expensive and collectible plastic in the first place. If you don't throw expensive discs anyway, why bother what other people are paying?

But Allurex, I want to throw some of these collectible discs, but I can't afford the insane prices on Facebook. That's not fair!

So? I would love to drive a Ferrari, but I can't afford it. I would love to try a 50 year old bottle of scotch, but I can't afford it. These things are expensive for a reason, sucks for me.

Everyone complaining about Facebook prices are people who don't throw expensive and collectible plastic in the first place. If you don't throw expensive discs anyway, why bother what other people are paying?

I was complaining about the ridiculous prices before, but now I'm thinking well, if you're going to spend $100 or more on discs that you are going to throw, chances are that you'll lose a few. That makes me chuckle inside. If you notice, the non-dgcr Facebook sellers are starting to trickle over here to our MP announcing fair prices because they are starting to realize the absurdity of the Facebook auction bubble.

you know we've hit the big time when those american pickers dudes get excited about finding ce plastic in some out of the way garage

Great, that's all we need to fuel the fire.

And you know what started all this Bologna is the S/DS,*SD, etc, etc, and so on crap.

Last edited:
I can understand why people collect discs. The thing I don't understand is those people who have a jl gator/gstar destoyers/etc and think they have a holy grail.

lol :hfive:

I hope people who do are reading this thread. :| I actually want to throw one.

you know we've hit the big time when those american pickers dudes get excited about finding ce plastic in some out of the way garage

Is this just a joke or did this actually happen?

Because I'm sure everyone knows about me and my vintage gaming and they found some old stuff in that category once and it was awesome. Someone also brought an NES champ cart into the paw shop (similar to the one that just sold on ebay for 98k this weekend) on Pawn Stars.. so I know it's POSSIBLE, but I figured I would have heard about it by now if it was true.

Latest posts