• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cory Ellis 1:12 seconds clock

Here's can serious response to your serious question(s).

My post was about understanding the specificity of the rules, and developing an understanding of when a given time is (or isn't) applicable. You respond asking a vague question about what rules apply to every situation. I'm zigging, and you're zagging.

The rules apply, regardless when in the round/tournament something occurs. Human nature being what it is, when and how players choose to enforce them can vary greatly.

Bottom line: read the PDGA rule book, and figure out for yourself, what's applicable to a given situation, and decide for yourself what you choose to call on other players and when.

The best way to develop a feel for the game is to develop it yourself. I developed a feel for it by playing organized leagues and sanctioned tournaments, and having conversations with more experienced players during rounds.

I'm not going to try to spoonfeed that to anyone via the interwebz.

PDGA Official Rules of Disc Golf
Last updated: Wednesday, March 2, 2022 - 22

This actually does answer my question, and your answer is very similar to others'. :thmbup:

ETA I won't need to ask any more.

Time violations are not new. We have all played casual, league and tournament rounds with "that guy". It has managed to NOT ruin the game for the last four decades. I suggest that social media outrage is the only real change and seemingly a far bigger threat to the game, than the "slow guy" ever was. Maybe we should focus on fixing that?

Time violations are not new. We have all played casual, league and tournament rounds with "that guy". It has managed to NOT ruin the game for the last four decades. I suggest that social media outrage is the only real change and seemingly a far bigger threat to the game, than the "slow guy" ever was. Maybe we should focus on fixing that?

It's hard to extend the same golden rule across the interwebs as to cardmates, but it's solid etiquette. :hfive:

Played a 3 round tourney this weekend. Round 2 in the heat of the day we were behind the juniors with moms/dads/caddies. I believe 11 people for a 4 person card. For 12 holes we would reach the tee box and have to wait in them. At one point they were doing photography off the tee box.

It was suggested they watch too much pro DG.

. . Buhr is on Brodies and Simons card today. . i´m not going to be supriced if Brodie calls him on time. .

. . Buhr is on Brodies and Simons card today. . i´m not going to be supriced if Brodie calls him on time. .

I would be surprised, but I am not sure if Ultimate is self rules enforced. The Ultimate I see on ESPN, (FAR more often than disc golf) has an official making calls. My point being, if Brodie has spent years in a sport that is self policed, he could be more comfortable making calls?

I would be surprised, but I am not sure if Ultimate is self rules enforced. The Ultimate I see on ESPN, (FAR more often than disc golf) has an official making calls. My point being, if Brodie has spent years in a sport that is self policed, he could be more comfortable making calls?
Given the stories I've heard about Brodie on the ultimate field - he's probably comfortable calling violations that aren't there as well.

Ha! I was on your card :)

Played a 3 round tourney this weekend. Round 2 in the heat of the day we were behind the juniors with moms/dads/caddies. I believe 11 people for a 4 person card. For 12 holes we would reach the tee box and have to wait in them. At one point they were doing photography off the tee box.

It was suggested they watch too much pro DG.

I root hard for Corey Ellis because, among other things, his PDGA number is exactly mine but scrambled. I've talked with him about it and got a chuckle from him. Yeah, the "1" is my first digit...

Latest posts