• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Baggers

A.Lind

Does anybody on here know A.Lind in real life?

His/her 1938 coursed played puts him at #3 on the Top Bagger list.

He joined in 2018 but it looks like he didn't enter any courses played until 2022. It looks like all of his courses were added in March 2022. Personally, I don't have a problem with that because most of us course collectors have our Real List of courses played and he may have finally just sat down to enter them here. (That's what I did with Udisc.) But it just seems like after playing so many courses he might have bumped into someone on here. He might have even crossed paths with DekeGuff, danhyzer, Derek Tonn, or Sir TVK...

What is his Udisc username?
I wonder what his home state is?

Perhaps it's this person? https://www.pdga.com/player/211170

Was also kind of curious as to who they were considering they claim to have played so many damn courses you would have thought someone has heard of them/knows them.

Course map is very heavily midwestern--many many IL, IN, WI, MN, and IA, lots of OH too. Relatively few west of the plains, deep south, and east coast.

I looked at the course map for A.Lind. They did some weird things in my area.

There's two courses that are right next to each other and can/do play as an 18 instead of 2 9's. They have the one marked played at a time that it was under a 2 year flood construction project. They don't have the other one marked played at all.

They also skipped courses entirely that are in the same smaller towns/cities as ones they played. A course bagger this intense wouldn't waste the opportunity to play the other courses in town and boost their count. I understand that time constraints play into these kinds of decisions, I've made those decisions myself.

I'm not saying that they didn't play all those course. Just looking at some observations based on the info available. Sometimes the driving routes from course to course do look very realistic on their map.

There's an Anders Lind who goes to college in my area that I've been playing with. I have 91 courses played in common with that A.Lind. I'll ask Anders but he's only 21 years old, so that would be quite a feat.

https://www.pdga.com/player/137292

Not too likely that they live in or around Dubuque as they haven't played all the courses in that immediate area.

There is a Gary A. Lind PDGA # 12222 from Franklin Park Il

Don't know him or ever played on courses or tournaments that he has in Illinois.
Name not on list of any courses played
He played alot of Il courses on the same day 3/6/2022.
Shenanigans !

Like you guys said anyone know him

There is a Gary A. Lind PDGA # 12222 from Franklin Park Il

Don't know him or ever played on courses or tournaments that he has in Illinois.
Name not on list of any courses played
He played alot of Il courses on the same day 3/6/2022.
Shenanigans !

Like you guys said anyone know him

What, you've never bagged 30+ courses in the same state in one day?

i thought about it but that would require being in chicagoland and having a well charged headlamp

I think it's pretty crazy that the Chicagoland area has more courses than some states that aren't small states either.

I looked at the course map for A.Lind. They did some weird things in my area.

There's two courses that are right next to each other and can/do play as an 18 instead of 2 9's. They have the one marked played at a time that it was under a 2 year flood construction project. They don't have the other one marked played at all.

They also skipped courses entirely that are in the same smaller towns/cities as ones they played. A course bagger this intense wouldn't waste the opportunity to play the other courses in town and boost their count. I understand that time constraints play into these kinds of decisions, I've made those decisions myself.

I'm not saying that they didn't play all those course. Just looking at some observations based on the info available. Sometimes the driving routes from course to course do look very realistic on their map.

Noticed that in my area, too. We have a few (4) on common. They played two of the smaller 9s in the area, but skipped the 18s that are the more popular courses. Another city, played one of two courses on the property, skipping the shorter of the two, and skipping some quick easy baggers close by. Odd.

As others stated, not questioning the veracity of the list, but noticing it's quirks.

I've bagged 23 courses in a day with a few others in Minneapolis a few years ago. Would of got more but it was on a weekend and they got tired. oh well.

I hit low 20s in one day as well. Started the day at 4:00 in a Wal-Mart parking lot in central Nebraska. Hit the dinky 9 holers along the I-80 corridor hard. Ended up going through the Sioux City, IA/NE/SD area to finish the day with a headlamp round at Pierson Ranch in Yankton SD. Had all my food and drink prepared and ready to go. All I had to do was drive and throw.

Speaking as the reigning Top Bagger in New Jersey (don't be jealous), his NJ courses aren't out of the ordinary for someone coming through South Jersey/Philly/Northern Delaware. Interestingly he doesn't claim Stafford Woods - which is relatively close by. I would guess that if he were just making stuff up, he'd claim the best-known course in the area.

My bagging credentials:
#1 NJ
#5 PA
#7 DE
#8 CT
#81 uDisc

(At last - I found something I'm good at: bagging disc golf courses)

And yeah...Im juust peacocking. I know many of you are way ahead of me.

Speaking as the reigning Top Bagger in New Jersey (don't be jealous), his NJ courses aren't out of the ordinary for someone coming through South Jersey/Philly/Northern Delaware. Interestingly he doesn't claim Stafford Woods - which is relatively close by. I would guess that if he were just making stuff up, he'd claim the best-known course in the area.

My bagging credentials:
#1 NJ
#5 PA
#7 DE
#8 CT
#81 uDisc

(At last - I found something I'm good at: bagging disc golf courses)

And yeah...Im juust peacocking. I know many of you are way ahead of me.

mf didnt claim brp either despite being super close

He played alot of IL courses on the same day 3/6/2022.
That doesn't mean anything and is easily explained. If he has a list of his courses played he may have just sat down in March 2022 and finally entered his courses on DGCR.

I went through his list and he only has 2 courses entered before March 2022; both were added in 2018. He may have just added his list from Udisc, but if so what is his Udisc user name? I think that everyone on Udisc who has over 1000 courses played is accounted for.

From 2007 until Udisc started DGCR was the primary directory to find courses, but he might have been using the PDGA directory. But if he was using DGCR to find courses then it would be odd not to mark them as played.

One last item, his DGCR membership started in 2018.

I've bagged 23 courses in a day with a few others in Minneapolis a few years ago. Would of got more but it was on a weekend and they got tired. oh well.
Do you remember how many holes you played that day?

Latest posts