• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Wish I could have gotten a picture of him, but I came across a white squirrel at Union University DGC in Jackson TN this last week.

Wish I could have gotten a picture of him, but I came across a white squirrel at Union University DGC in Jackson TN this last week.
In all my travels, the only place I've seen white squirrels was at Gordon Holton, near Columbus, OH.

I've encountered black squirrels many times in several different parks, but only but I've only seen white squirrels that one time, during a DGCR meetup organized by roadtripstuff, some 13 years ago.

Three doe crossed right behind the basket on #5 at Cass Benton Hills this morning. You may need to zoom in a bit to get a good look at them, but it was everything I could do to get a shot off before they disappeared.
View attachment 328066
Though I have seen lots of solo deer and other groupings, three together seems to be just as common. A threesome came down the fairway of no. 8 at Druid Hill Legacy in inner-city Baltimore on last Saturday. I was just getting out of my car, had just parked on the park roadway. They crossed the street behind my car (gave me a wide berth - 50+ feet) and proceeded down into the lower woods that border nos. 10-11.

I don't usually have my phone with me on the course so I don't get too many pictures. I have deer all over my course and have seen a coral snake between six and seven. I've seen a moose at Copper Mt and elk at Grindstone in Ruidoso, also Humpback whales at Mackenzie on the Big Island.
On the strange side, while playing Veterans in Arlington, a guy had a sheep on a rope lead while riding his bike across our fairway.

I got a job on 120 acres in Brevard, NC. I was scouting out the grounds and ran into a white squirrel. I took a pic and ran back to the office and started telling everyone I discovered an albino squirrel. They all (rightfully so) started laughing at me and messing with me.

I got a job on 120 acres in Brevard, NC. I was scouting out the grounds and ran into a white squirrel. I took a pic and ran back to the office and started telling everyone I discovered an albino squirrel. They all (rightfully so) started laughing at me and messing with me.
So.........................where's the pic?

The threat reminded me, i only saw one snake last year and that was a rat snake. I'm sure there's others around just didn't see them. I normally see at least four to six snakes per year.

If you can increase the size of the photo, on the tree right side a few feet up is a smiling woodpecker. Woody kept circling the tree, I followed and felt like I was in the woody the woodpecker cartoon.

Your looking at the 18th Fairway Bayville Virginia Beach, both baskets off photo to the right.

Attachments

• 20240313_101553.jpg
    20240313_101553.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
If you can increase the size of the photo, on the tree right side a few feet up is a smiling woodpecker. Woody kept circling the tree, I followed and felt like I was in the woody the woodpecker cartoon.

Your looking at the 18th Fairway Bayville Virginia Beach, both baskets off photo to the right.
I may have seen that same guy when I played there last year. :)

Some more Woody the Woodpecker photos. The one on the left is the best photo I've ever taken of Woody, head above the stump foreground. Let me get about 10 feet away and flew away. I must of seen about a dozen flying in the trees. Unusual considering its only the 3rd time I've seen them at Bayville Virginia Beach. #14 short tee ahead. I've only seen them at one other course in my area Northwest River just about every time I play there

Attachments

• 20240320_082438.jpg
    20240320_082438.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240320_082447.jpg
    20240320_082447.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 1
Almost stepped on him

Hole #18 - The Nest - Stroud OK

I had almost caught a Ring Neck Snake a few holes earlier, I wanted to catch him to get his picture for this page. He got under a rock before I could grab him. Same with the little Lizard the hole before this. The weather was perfect, they were all out sunning.

20240404_165855.jpg

For the first time I saw ducks at Bayville Virginia Beach. There are two in each photo, can you find them? First photo from the bridge. The second photo you can see #17 short tee, baskets behind me.

Third photo just off #11 short tee Munden Point. A mother frog piggybacking a baby. That's my 10 year grandson, we were there for a while. He would pick up a par on the hole.

Attachments

• 20240327_085538.jpg
    20240327_085538.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240327_085616.jpg
    20240327_085616.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240402_101432.jpg
    20240402_101432.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts