• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

baby season
3 of these cute guys wandering around the basket, fairway, & walk between holes (13,14) at columbia park
a real risk reward putt
attachment.php

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20190624-075712.jpg
    VideoCapture_20190624-075712.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 419
Due to the sandy soil at Lake Township Park in Bridgman, MI we get zillions of cicada killer wasps around the #10 basket. They are terrifyingly huge but actually quite docile and harmless especially compared to other kinds of wasps.

-Dave

I wish I had pics, but alas. Either way, the other day at Maple Ridge DGC in Westfield, Maine I saw, in order of coolness, a frog, a resident gopher, and a GIANT deer, booking it through the woods along one of the fairways - I thought it was coming right for me at first - got to within putting range before it noticed me and veered off in another direction. Cool day.

While working on the 9th fairway i saw a red fox bounce across the fairway to the other side. Haven't personally seen the resident Bear on the premises but i have seen evidence that he is there. others have seen the bear.

not sure what course you are talking about i am referring to a course I am building here in Pennslyvania. where i saw the fox.

not sure what course you are talking about i am referring to a course I am building here in Pennslyvania. where i saw the fox.
Inside joke... we weren't sure what course you were talking about.

I had an Albino Squirrel run out in the fairway on my last hole couple weeks ago. I tried to get a photo, but it wouldn't sit still. I've been wanting to go back and see if I can spot it again, but the weather has kinda sucked lately.

A lot of Buffalo when playing in Yellowstone Nat park. around Old Faithfull, some mountain Goat's around Mammoth hot springs. When you have a animal near the hole you ether wait of take the penalty and move on to the next hole. I have seen birds dive at my disc's.

A lot of Buffalo when playing in Yellowstone Nat park. around Old Faithfull, some mountain Goat's around Mammoth hot springs. When you have a animal near the hole you ether wait of take the penalty and move on to the next hole. I have seen birds dive at my disc's.

I did not know there was a course around Old Faithful, nor Mammoth Springs. I did not know the National Parks were supporting disc golf. The opportunities could be boundless.

I did not know there was a course around Old Faithful, nor Mammoth Springs. I did not know the National Parks were supporting disc golf. The opportunities could be boundless.

Pretty sure there's not, I think we would have heard about it. But I bet those bears, wolves, hot springs, etc. would really eat your discs.

*Edit. I guess there is an employee course somewhere there in the park, lol.

Last edited:
There are 4 courses in Yellowstone.

Sure enough, I was pretty surprised to see this. Looks like all but one are tonal/object courses, maybe it's a bit tough to get approval for baskets? Looks like they're mostly employee-built to get their DG fix during their off time.

Last edited:

Latest posts