• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Awesome pics Apothecary!

Thanks for sharing!

Actually, with your fine tastes in medicinal herbal consumption I'm surprised you even noticed the smell....:D

We sometimes get peacocks at Pueblo City Park too. The course is next to the Pueblo Zoo and they roam free all over. The coolest is an all white peacock. If I can get a pic, I'll post it here.

Saw this on a DG DVD I was watching...
Somewhere in Colorado I think.
One of the guys throws his drive and a Coyote comes running full speed from the side of the frame, grabs the guys disc when it lands and takes off running with it. They all start running after him and yelling. He finally drops the disc and they get it back .Pretty funny and something you don't see every day.

I just had a first of critter encounters. On hole 9 at Orchard this evening, a guy I met and I were doing our final putts to finish the round when we noticed a swarm of bees flying around the pin. I didn't believe it was bees and walked toward the swarm but quickly learned the errors of my judgment and retreated until it was safe. I don't think a pin looks like a good place to build a new hive, do you??

Myself and a buddy were playing at a local course. My buddy gets onto the tee pad, sets himself up, and proceeds to let his disc fly. The disc gets about 80 feet away and out of the corner of my eye I see a HUGE bird soaring down. At the same time, I see a squirrel running extremely fast on the ground. The bird flies right underneath my buddies disc, grabs the squirrel, and heads up to a tall tree to make do of his catch.

It all happened so fast, I thought the bird was actually trying to steal my buddy's disc. lol

Bird ended up being an adult red-tailed hawk. I think I may have pictures, will post them if I can find em'.

Soft-Shelled Turtle I assume. Hole 15 @ the Mighty Z.

100_2213.jpg

She must be in the proccess of trying to lay eggs, since she was out of the water.

I was on hole one of my local course in Bowling Green Ohio, home of the BGSU Falcons. The Falcon is the school mascot because there are plenty around here along with some other birds of prey. The reason there are so many is because it is wide open, flat, and BG has a "Cat Leash Law" where cats aren't suppose to be outside without a leash, thus there are few cats outside. As it turns out cats keep squirrel, chipmunk, and rabbit populations down leaving the birds a lot to eat (which is why there are so many).

So anyway, on hole one getting ready to throw my second shot when I see a falcon come down from above hole 3 and heads almost straight for me. All I could think as I looked at it was "No way that freaking thing is coming for me" but I gripped my wraith tightly in preparation to swing in case it is. It slowly changes angles and swoops 20 feet to my left and I watching it rocket past me towards a fence as it is 3 feet off the ground at this point. It suddenly shoots up over the fence and back to 3 feet height (really cool to see) as a rabbit takes off the the falcon turns on a dime and banks to the right after it. The rabbit had a 100ft dash to safety and the bird couldn't recover fast enough and chase it down at the same time and didn't get the kill. I considered not playing at that point because my body was rushing on how close it was to me. Freaked out, I've seen plenty of kills but never anything so close.

I almost stepped on a 6' black snake last weekend at Meeks Park. We were told they were down by the creek but this one was on the top of the hill just hanging out by a tree. I was listening to my wife talk about something and in the corner of my eye saw a large stick moving which my teenage experimentation days addled brain did not register as odd. I stepped within a couple inches of it but it didn't even move but boy howdy did my ass jump!

I strongly believe the person who said they are more scared of you then you are of them has never almost stepped on one.

I was playing a round with a buddy a while back and while we were midway through the fourth hole I noticed a lot of commotion up in the trees. When I looked up I saw a squirrel jumping around like he was nuts (haha) and suddenly lose his grip. He fell from about forty feet up and landed squarely on the ground ~5 feet away from me with a loud thud! He then jumped right up and ran off! My friend and I laughed hysterically and still talk about it to this day. I thought for sure the squirrel would have died from that kind of fall, or at least been dazed? This guy was completely fine.

This picture should show it better:

spiderondisc.jpg

I wouldn't have even touched that disc. Probably would have just waited in the car. I hate giant insects or a arachnids or anything with long creepy legs.

This guy I sorta know threw and landed on a big ass snapping turtle. Other than that the courses I play on regularly have turkeys, ducks, geese and pheasants. Another friend of mine has his own private course on his land that has a lot of rattlesnakes, but he is a badass so he kills em, skins em and eats em. Then he puts the skin on his disc golf cart thing.

These two youngens were on our course (Fort Walla Walla) for a few days.

The owl was there for a few hours....

Attachments

• FWWDGC Moose 1.jpg
    FWWDGC Moose 1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Baby Owl.jpg
    Baby Owl.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 64
The owl looks very critical and unimpressed. The moose are behaving like total "zombies" taking a picnic on your fairway. Did you throw on them?

my buddies 2nd shot went into this "thorny" tree/bush in the fairway.
called him a big baby when he said "that disc can stay right where it is!!!"
i thought he was talking about the thorns until i looked in and saw it from his
"point of view".

Attachments

• Photo003.jpg
    Photo003.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 123

Latest posts