• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

My buddy and I got chased off #8 on the Gold course at Highbridge Hills by a black bear. Probably around 400-500lbs...he got within about 50 yards of us (#8 is 1400'+). Didn't have my phone on me, then again, I wasn't feeling courageous enough to take pix anyways.

We were happy that we saw him on the last day of our weekend trip, or we'd have probably been too chicken#### to play on the grounds the rest of the weekend.

^ that's at least the 2nd thread I've read about a black bear at Highbridge Gold.
What was he throwing?

I posted about it on the HBH thread.

I hadn't even thought about it, but I threw an Escape on that hole. Irony.

Playing at Bijou pretty early this morning and at hole 14 I saw two separate groups of coyotes, each with 3. They were sprinting across the field pretty quickly so I couldn't get really good zoomed in pics.

Was playing at Fort Steilacoom the SE course with a friend and his lil girl. We were walking from hole 7 to 8. Lexi (his daughter) decided she wanted to walk with me to 8 on our way we see a lil rabbit. She was pumped up, ahh lil cute bunny. Well we start walking after the rabbit splits and I step on something. First thought, damn I did not just step on dog shizz, nope turns out I stepped on another rabbit. It was the weirdest thing cuz I'm used to them just taking off. Sure enough about 15ft from the rabbit I stepped on I did in fact step on dog shizz. Lexi's excitement to see bunnies was priceless the poop I could've done without.

A FOUR FOOT RAT SNAKE ??

995258_591752490849611_1453517540_n.jpg

At Joralemon Park near hole 16.......... was fairly harmless but still caught the group offguard when we saw it.

Still have no idea what it was that stung/bit my calf at Idlewild(hole 10 tee) on a few Saturdays ago, but whatever poison it injected me with was still coursing through my veins the next night, slowly down my leg, into my foot. Pics show where my ankle was supposed to be. No pain or itch, leg just very tight from the swelling. Felt like someone stabbed me when it happened, so I don't think it was a spider, and too high on my leg to be a snake, we would've seen that on the tee. Not allergic to anything as far as I know, certainly been tagged by bees/hornets/wasps/ants/everything else in the South.

9371243067_3b0bb6ff55_c.jpg

I just think it's great you have Disc Golf in Thailand!
Is that the course near Chiang Rai listed on DCGR?

this is the new 9 hole beginner/intermediate course on koh samui. still haven't put up a listing yet as we haven't photo'd each hole/tee area. will probably get around to that this weekend.

I ran into a GIGANTIC skunk at Mae Simmons park and a fox at Mackenzie park in Lubbock Texas this past few weeks. I wish I had thought to take pictures. That skunk was a beast!

It was raining on and off during this round, after we tee'd off we came up and saw this deer getting some shelter from the rain under the tree right behind the basket.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 96
Brave or Stupid?

I'm not sure if this chipmunk was brave, or just stupid. In any case, I was about 3 feet from him when I took this pic at the Black Bear course at Woodland Valley in Maine last month.

picture.php

Latest posts