• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Putted out on hole 4 at my home course and noticed this guy.

jDMXn9A.jpg

Each time I see a unicycle I think about Peter Tosh. I will now think of dg as well because when I was playing in Rock Hill a few weeks ago, a guy rode a unicycle out of the woods and through the fairway at one of the school courses.

Yesterday, my brother in law, my buddy from work and I were playing a round at East Metro in Manor, TX. having a decent round when we got to hole 17, up near the basket looking for my disc that came up a tad short and faded over into the brush area my buddy walked up on a Rattlesnake, now this isn't the first time we have seen one of these out here, nor was it the largest one we have seen, but the snake was minding his own business and was startled by my buddy and coiled up and started the rattles going. I was about 15 ft away, and the sound of those rattles was extremely loud. My buddy backed away and myself and brother inlaw walked over and we watched as this snake sat coiled ready to strike for a good 10 minutes or so. A park ranger happened to walk up about that time and we watched as this snake calmed down and uncoiled then slithered away. Needless to say it really messed with my head the rest of the day. The area that the snake was in, I was freely roaming just a week earlier looking for an errant shot. This makes me want to rethink my shots for the future, as anyone that has played that course can contest, hole 17 is surrounded by cactus and a rattlers paradise.

Has this or similar happened to anyone else?

Thats the good thing about Rattlers...they almost always let you know your in the danger zone. Cant say the same for Copperheads and Corals.

I have played a few courses in various spots of the country and have seen many of critters while huking plastic. I've had an encounter with a 500+ lbs black bear, seen foxes, rabbits, dear, raccoons. Wide variety of lizards, snakes, frogs and toads. Anhingas and tons and tons of species of birds, hawks, owls etc. Feral pig, gators, iguanas. ..the list goes on.

This is probably my favorite critter I've encountered while playing DG just over a year ago...it followed me home and I havent been able to get it to leave.

Attachments

• IMG_20130409_061556_926.jpg
    IMG_20130409_061556_926.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 180
A few years ago during a winter round I went to putt and someone had stood up a frozen dead squirrel on basket #6 at Cornelia Park Edina MN.

Coolest is playing Stafford Lake in Novato CA and having a herd of 100+ wild turkeys swarming. Lots of other creatures there too.

Y'all are freaking nuts grabbing snakes. There are way to many poisonous snakes around here to be jacking with. I play a course at least once a month that is on a venemous snake preserve. I've seen quite a few out there but I ain't gonna walk up and grab them.

I friggin hate snakes. I've been struck 4 times. Two copperheads and two rattlers, all boot strikes. I'm contemplating living indoors because my luck will eventually run out.

Found this on the basket while playing a couple years ago at LibertyPark in TN
Me and my buddy always called it the Legendary hole (for all you xbox halo fans out there)

Played a course near lake of the Ozarks in Missouri this summer, Dragon Ridge I think it was called. The whole darn place was overrun with big spiders. They were of the daddy long legs variety, so not quite as creepy as big, fuzzy spiders. Still, creepy. They kept running over our feet. So weird.

Walked up on a fairly large red-tailed hawk munching on a squirrel by the tee of 13 at Two Rivers in Nashville last week. It picked up the squirrel and flew into a tree and watched us play the rest of the round while it finished it's snack.

Skunk town

Im always running into Skunks while playing in Stockton CA at Elk Grove park. Also lots and lots of deer up in Tahoe area.

At McCormick before worlds.

Attachments

• IMAG0082[1].jpg
    IMAG0082[1].jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMAG0081[1].jpg
    IMAG0081[1].jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 183
2 weeks ago I total had a leaf on me that looked like a giant bug that I noticed on my shoulder mid- throw... I was not granted any relief from the guys in my weekend group... it oughta be worth a mulligan, no??

2 weeks ago I total had a leaf on me that looked like a giant bug that I noticed on my shoulder mid- throw... I was not granted any relief from the guys in my weekend group... it oughta be worth a mulligan, no??

Naaa:wall::wall:

Im always running into Skunks while playing in Stockton CA at Elk Grove park. Also lots and lots of deer up in Tahoe area.

Trying to finish last night's round before the sun went down we smelled a skunk on 18. Looking for our discs, I glanced back and watched it casually stroll across the fairway about 30 feet behind us. I threw quickly but walked slowly so as to not startle the furry stinkbeast.

Latest posts