• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I smell skunks fairly often drivng past large wooded areas in the suburbs around here. Given how woodsy most of the local courses are, you'd think I'd have come across one over the last decade of playing...but quite fortunately, I haven't.

Boy, did I ever just jinx myself! :doh:

Putted out on hole 4 at my home course and noticed this guy.

jDMXn9A.jpg
Looks like Discraft came out with something that's more natural than Big Z plastic.

Last edited:
Played Thunderbird/Paseo despite the weeds being chest high in places. Reached for where I believed my drive to be and a coyote jumped out! Also saw an Osprey at Vista del Camino.
Pretty metal.

I guess this guy was Enviousssssssssss of my Envy. :clap: I love bad jokes!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 158
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 130
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 122
So, while I was out playing today, I had to pick up 2 beer bottles someone left on the course. One was still full and capped! (amateurs) so I dumped the first, went to open the full one, then… OUCH!!

This guy was clinging to the bottle!

2014_%2525209_12_14_27.jpg

Saw a gray fox at Barber Park last week. Thought I smelled a skunk walking from 14 to 15 the same day, but it was some neighborhood guys burning some really skunky weed. The fox was too fast to snap a pic and the other wildlife probably would not have appreciated being photographed :)

Didn't realize there was DG at Barber Park. Spent a lot of time there in the 1990s at the soccer fields, but I don't think there was disc golf then. Good to know it's there now. I lived in Greensboro for 20 years. If I'm ever back in town, I'll check it out.

So, while I was out playing today, I had to pick up 2 beer bottles someone left on the course. One was still full and capped! (amateurs) so I dumped the first, went to open the full one, then… OUCH!!

What is that? I don't think i've seen on of those before.

The Saddleback Caterpillar lives throughout the eastern US, which is why Harkey found one, but Jeffmonty's never seen such a beast.

Last edited:
Beaver

Hole 10 Como Park. I hit this beaver throwing across the water. Had to wait a few minutes for him to move away from my disc.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 218
Played Thunderbird/Paseo despite the weeds being chest high in places. Reached for where I believed my drive to be and a coyote jumped out! Also saw an Osprey at Vista del Camino.
Pretty metal.

Haha, you must not play in the midwest much. I know water is the only hazard in the valley. Watch out for those chest high weeds!!

USA!

I wasn't quick enough to snag a photo, but a bald eagle flew right down fairway 18 at Willmore Park DGC in St. Louis City! I am sure he/she was just looking for an easy meal in one of the stocked ponds... very cool!

Putted out on hole 4 at my home course and noticed this guy.

jDMXn9A.jpg

I run across about one of those per year. Usually sitting on the windshield of the cars I fix. Always bright green. I never thought the lived around here until I started seeing them at the shop. Then again, we also have tarantulas and scorpions that I almost never see. Funny how that works.

Geese at Bethany Lakes

Ran into a flock of geese at Bethany Lakes in Allen, Tx. last night. They let us play through.

Attachments

• 20140916_190537 (Medium).jpg
    20140916_190537 (Medium).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 91
I wasn't quick enough to snag a photo, but a bald eagle flew right down fairway 18 at Willmore Park DGC in St. Louis City! I am sure he/she was just looking for an easy meal in one of the stocked ponds... very cool!

I've beening seeing these fairly frequently in my area (western MA). Definitely good to see them around more often. 'Merica!!

Latest posts