• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Seems a bit harsh. Perhaps there are areas of the country where venomous snakes have become rogue, rabid, human hunting threats, but the "Michigan Rattler" is a fairly scarce, elusive, and benign creature. Killing it would mean I need to eat it. And I am pretty certain it is not legal to kill them in the MetroParks.
I would suggest leaving it alone, you are not on it's diet and it is usually more afraid of you than you are of it.

Throwbot is from Montana where the prairie rattler is very prevalent, and bites common, his sentiment is a reality in snake country.

Walking off the course, I saw a fellow disc golfer walking on to the course. I raised my hand to acknowledge the guy, and then heard something I didn't immediately recognize.

It was the sound of a swarm of bees. And they were coming straight at me. There was no place to run, as I was in a wide open field. No exaggeration, the swarm was at least twenty feet across, and ten feet high.

From my recollection, the wind changed direction just in time to divert them from going right through me. Thank God.

I froze. Hand still in the air after they blew by. Mouth wide open, like a still photo of someone being sworn in on a witness stand. (Or should I say 'bee-ing' sworn in?). I dunno.

Very mesmerizing and thankfully, a cool experience.

Or bee-ing swarm in! You might want to close your mouth next time! yuk yuk

Throwbot is from Montana where the prairie rattler is very prevalent, and bites common, his sentiment is a reality in snake country.

North Florida is just full of rattlers, which can pose a danger to humans, so I understand the philosophy of taking them out when one can.

Where I live and play, I just leave the rattlers to be dinner guests of the king snakes in the area...

North Florida is just full of rattlers, which can pose a danger to humans, so I understand the philosophy of taking them out when one can.

Where I live and play, I just leave the rattlers to be dinner guests of the king snakes in the area...

I dont know... letting big snakes eat other big snakes kind of puts me in the mind of letting machines build machines.

no offence to our robot overlords

This is the sign posted at the Lester Lorch TX courses:
1f26b16e.jpg

This is true, however I suppose I shouldn't go telling people to kill snakes in areas where I'm not familiar with the local fauna.
Obviously SW's example is pretty clear case where you should not kill snakes.
When it comes to snakes in Michigan, well, I better defer to the Michiganders on that topic.

Lemme guess... honey porter?
Probably either the Milk Stout, or the Black Knight Imperial Stout which has molasses and honey in it. They were also quite fond of the I Yam Sweet Potato Stout I had.

Probably either the Milk Stout, or the Black Knight Imperial Stout which has molasses and honey in it. They were also quite fond of the I Yam Sweet Potato Stout I had.

Not to get off topic, but that would have to be the lightest stout I've ever seen.

We're getting enough foot traffic now to have driven most of the indigenous population elsewhere. Still see the occasional coyote and elk early in the morning or late at night. Watched a bald eagle hunting on the back nine last month. :thmbup:

Latest posts