• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Caught a few of these guys at the Scrapyard today. Then another one at Crooked Creek Crossing. I think they are anoles. Not real familiar with my lizards being from WI.

Attachments

• IMG_20230330_125955997.jpg
    IMG_20230330_125955997.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230330_135633417.jpg
    IMG_20230330_135633417.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20230330_163556472_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230330_163556472_HDR.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 27
Caught a few of these guys at the Scrapyard today. Then another one at Crooked Creek Crossing. I think they are anoles. Not real familiar with my lizards being from WI.

Pretty sure they are baby velociraptors. But, I am from MI...so my lizard knowledge stops at salamanders and mudpuppies.

We were out on the course a few weeks back making the turn from 9-10 and stuck a bunch of aholes throwing multiples off every tee. Finally gave up and left after 13.

:):)

Missed 2 lizards today. Saw a snapping turtle in a creek at Robert L Smith. And the wife almost stepped on this guy. Not sure what kind it is but it was about 4 ft long.

Attachments

• IMG_20230402_142841585.jpg
    IMG_20230402_142841585.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230402_142907765.jpg
    IMG_20230402_142907765.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20230402_142836542.jpg
    IMG_20230402_142836542.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 38
Nice work, WH. Have you got your low laser, straight azz shot down pat yet? I threw a VIP Underworld so many times in Charlotte, I thought I would wear it out. Sounds like you had a great trip, man. Thanks for regaling us with the tales.

Nice work, WH. Have you got your low laser, straight azz shot down pat yet? I threw a VIP Underworld so many times in Charlotte, I thought I would wear it out. Sounds like you had a great trip, man. Thanks for regaling us with the tales.

I don't think I ever will lol. But I packed 3 Mavericks and threw the stamps off them. I've also never thrown so many putters off the tee in my life. 😁

I don't think I ever will lol. But I packed 3 Mavericks and threw the stamps off them. I've also never thrown so many putters off the tee in my life. 😁

Since the thread drift has started ... how was RL Smith? The only time I played it was 5 years ago, shortly before it was closed for a sewer project. (That's still the last review on here.)

Curious of your thoughts of the course and how it compares to some of the others in CLT?

Since the thread drift has started ... how was RL Smith? The only time I played it was 5 years ago, shortly before it was closed for a sewer project. (That's still the last review on here.)

Curious of your thoughts of the course and how it compares to some of the others in CLT?

I hadn't realized it was recently reopened, much less that it was closed, until talking to Olorin. I enjoyed it. It definitely feels like a Charlotte course. It's heavily wooded and very hilly. It appeared that many of the holes are probably the same as the previous version. There are turf tees on a number of holes, not sure of the numbers offhand. Those are probably newer/modified holes. It reminded me of less polished Nevin tbh. Having never played the old set up this is all speculation though.

I hadn't realized it was recently reopened, much less that it was closed, until talking to Olorin. I enjoyed it. It definitely feels like a Charlotte course. It's heavily wooded and very hilly. It appeared that many of the holes are probably the same as the previous version. There are turf tees on a number of holes, not sure of the numbers offhand. Those are probably newer/modified holes. It reminded me of less polished Nevin tbh. Having never played the old set up this is all speculation though.

Geee, I wasn't expecting you to bang out a review overnight, but thanks, a good read! :hfive:

Yes, CLT does have a ton of good courses, while most are wooded, there are some open courses and they do cater to many levels of DGers.

Looks like its got some woodland critter (or maybe a fish) in its beak.

Latest posts