• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

I love mine, but I wouldn't call it long distance. I use mine for 150', maybe 200' dead straight shots. It also makes a good long distance putter because it has so much glide, but the lip is a little tough to put with so I don't use it for my primary putter.

It's also magic if you're stuck under a tree with no room to move. I can do a tiny little FH finger flick and glides forever.

Would be good if they made it in a Stif plastic

I agree, that is why I have not purchased one cause I felt it was too flimsy to get a lot of distance with accuracy. To each his own I guess.

i actually like it. it's my go to putter. I don't think it's necessarily better than anything else, i'm just used to it. I like it for long putts and jump putts. I actually like that it's not stiff. just my $.02.

I like this disc sometimes....
When it works it is dead straight with almost no fade out to 175ft otherwise it will turnover waaaaaay right

Not to thread jack or anything, but how does the Dart compare to the Aero for putts and approaches? Other than plastic and diameter, that is.

also, i like driving it. i can throw it over 300' and my typical drive with a driver is about 325'-375'. as with any putter, its what your comfortable with.

Not to thread jack or anything, but how does the Dart compare to the Aero for putts and approaches? Other than plastic and diameter, that is.

sorry to be redundant, my personal preference is on the dart. I can't get the aero to feel right in my hand because of that curved rim. I was never a frisbee or ultimate player before disc golf and an aero reminds me more of a regular frisbee. always felt kinda awkward for me.

on the other hand, some guys throw it like it rules or something.

Dart

Decent putter and approach if you like an understable disc. I have thrown it since it came out, and finally decided it is not my thing. For somebody with more control than me it might be good. Nice and soft and doesn't roll far if you miss. Possibly a good anhyzer disc on approach and putts. Mine are 170G. I just am not able to accurately throw an understable putter well. I have 2 if you want them. Will trade for beer.

I had one for a week. Then literally put it in my trunk and its now buried beneath a huge mess of junk. Now that you've heard my opinion I'll actually tell you my experience. It is a very straight flyer but has very little glide. So if you are not comfortable slamming the disc into the chains...you will have nightmares. You have to really throw it into the chains as opposed to an Aviar (or something of the sort) in which you can let the disc do a little of the work.

When I auditioned a Dart earlier this year, I found that it usually went dead straight, but had a tendency to go much farther than I expected if I missed the basket entirely.

I bought a dart. I have no love for it. I usually like floppy putters, but this one was just too floppy. When I threw it right, it went nice and straight, but it turned over for me most of the time and it didn't go as far as my other putters. Also, if there is ANY wind, you can just forget about it. I traded it, and I'm glad my buddy is enjoying it.

I have one I use for short FH approaches and longer BH putts. It is also like my back up putter, if I am having an off day with the Wizard, I'll throw it. I have seen people make long straight putts with it as well. I'd recommend giving it a try if you are interested.

I use my Dart for damn near everything. Sometimes I putt with it, but it's usually my go-to upshot disc and my disc off the tee for holes up to 250'. It is so damn accurate... until it turns-over and goes bye bye... this disc has tons of glide.

I bought one when they first came out. I found it to be a decent mid-range; straight flying as people have said. But all the glide makes it a bad putter. It was in my bag for the past five months or so, but I just replaced it with a Z-Comet.

Looks like the Star Dart is on the way. Per Innova's website on Oct 19 they will release Star Dart, Star Mako, Star Sanny Roc, and Pro Boss.

I did not like my Dart and got rid of it. I couldn't stand the rubbery R-Pro plastic on it and couldn't find a use for it other than collecting dust.