• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg -- GOAT

A lot of players I know had their tourneys ruined due to losing their drivers to the lake and basically playing with backups and/or unfamiliar discs....perhaps why some scores for so many were off....not taking anything away from those who played well but I am sure it had something to do with the amazing rating

cool thing about this sport is that theres so little money to be made. even if the so called "goat" of the first two days of a season wanted, hes still not going to sell cr*p for signature discs/gear because hes famously rude. just sayin hed do better with his attitude playin stick golf.

cool thing about this sport is that theres so little money to be made. even if the so called "goat" of the first two days of a season wanted, hes still not going to sell cr*p for signature discs/gear because hes famously rude. just sayin hed do better with his attitude playin stick golf.

Wait. Are you saying the Feldberg sig Boss doesn't sell well?

A lot of players I know had their tourneys ruined due to losing their drivers to the lake and basically playing with backups and/or unfamiliar discs....perhaps why some scores for so many were off....not taking anything away from those who played well but I am sure it had something to do with the amazing rating

I hate to say but I don't think that's a good excuse. Either don't throw in the water or make sure you have plenty of back-up drivers on courses like that. I kept clear of the water buteven if I'd lost 4 drivers a round I would have more reliable drivers to use because I came prepared. I threw stupid shots to pick up extra strokes all on my own to not get into the cash.

I hate to say but I don't think that's a good excuse. Either don't throw in the water or make sure you have plenty of back-up drivers on courses like that. I kept clear of the water buteven if I'd lost 4 drivers a round I would have more reliable drivers to use because I came prepared. I threw stupid shots to pick up extra strokes all on my own to not get into the cash.

QFT.

My bag had a backup for everyone of my core discs, and I made sure before the tournament that I knew how they would fly in the event that I needed them. Not knowing your discs, or backups is a poor excuse for poor performance. I'm sure that did play a factor for some folks, but that was their fault.

False.

Dave is good people and a great ambassador for the sport.

False.

Dave is good people and a great ambassador for the sport.

I agree. He loves to welcome new players to the sport and is one of the best teachers of the game that I've seen.

Dave makes a concentrated at effort at teaching, and being a good steward for the sport. This should give him a bit of leeway when it comes to stories passed through the grapevine. I myself have heard intreasting things secondhand but don't really care when it is obvious the guy is out there teaching clinics, answering random questions, and in terms of net result, helping the sport.

yep. best player/promoter the game has ever had.
This NonStop Disc Golf Tour he came up with is taking touring to another level.

He loves to welcome new players to the sport and is one of the best teachers of the game that I've seen.
Yep. I wish he'd take me under his wing. It is unreal the way he can break down a throw.

I'm not sure that Feldy is the best player at this time, let alone best ever. Nate Doss is ranked #1 (last time I checked). Nikko and maybe even EMac could be in that discussion as well. KC has the most championships. Who would you rather have as your QB, Eli Manning or Joe Montana?

Manning right now. I dont think Montana could move or throw well today.:) Unless you are talking about broadcasting.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that Feldy is the best player at this time, let alone best ever. Nate Doss is ranked #1 (last time I checked). Nikko and maybe even EMac could be in that discussion as well. KC has the most championships. Who would you rather have as your QB, Eli Manning or Joe Montana?

Emac is a great player and a super guy but he doesn't have the big wins to be goat. I bet he gets a major or nt this year. I'll give him greatest putter...

I wasn't making excuses just stating the reality of what happened.

I'm just always impressed by feldbergs ability to teach. He has a vast knowledge of this game and I know that no one will argue that. I'm not sure if Ken (or anyone else in the running for GOAT, but clearly he's the benchmark) ever did clinics with the teaching skill that Dave has, but then again to communicate like that is a talent in and of itself. I know that's quite the intangible and not something to be used to give an edge to Dave at this point, but if it came down to Dave at 11x world champ and comparable NT wins and Climo with his current numbers, it would probably be a point more extensively discussed. There's my 2 cents.

Edit: i put Dave at 11x on purpose ps. 10 or 9x could even be put in that discussion I feel.

Latest posts