• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg -- GOAT

jbl39

Greatest Of All Time.

For those of you that didn't watch The Memorial at DiscGolfPlanet, Paul McBeth had a MONSTER round. He shot a 45...

But Mr. Dave Feldberg looked like he was having his daily walk in the park and shot a 44. That's outrageous. I have a feeling we're going to see even more insanity from him in 2012. It became abundantly clear that he's on another level right now.

Yeah, Ken Climo was an innovator. But as far as the best disc golfer of all time, bar none, it is Dave Feldberg.

Yeah you're wrong.

I think the better thing to say would be, "Dave Feldberg has the potential to be the greatest of all time."

It's not like it's a team sport, the only person he can blame (in the future) for not winning championships is himself, he has plenty of time to win more, but in the mean time, KC is far ahead of anyone.

that is a bold statement. He is one of my favorite players, but I certainly wouldn't make that claim just yet. He has 11 more championships to win.

GORN. Greatest of Right Now.

Ftfy. And I think PMac is gonna win the tourney.

With all due respect to Climo, he played at a time when the sport was neither advanced nor full of hungry competitors. Although he is a fantastic player, I think he's more of an innovator.

But Feldberg is killing it while the competition is as fierce as it's ever been. Just watch.

You can't compare KC's 12x to a current day 12x. The field is so much more stacked now, I seriously doubt anyone will come close to the 12x for at least 2-3 decades.

Seriously? There were plenty of GREAT players during Climo's era, this has been discussed before.

Just look at the fact that he still has hung around WHILE they sport and the "hungry competitors" have advanced. ( all the while getting older and older)

With all due respect to Climo, he played at a time when the sport was neither advanced nor full of hungry competitors. Although he is a fantastic player, I think he's more of an innovator.

But Feldberg is killing it while the competition is as fierce as it's ever been. Just watch.

But also keep in mind what Climo had to work with back in the day. He didn't have the benefit of premium plastic and warp-speed drivers.

you guys are dumb... the "game is so much more competitive" argument gets made in every sport and in every sport it's a dumb argument.

people play with the equipment and people of their time. i don't care how much more competitive you think something is now, you're wrong.

and that old Ken Climo who just skated by through non-competitive years shot a 1023 rated round and is 2 shots back of Nikko who is considered one of todays best.

I'll just copy and paste this here...

Ken Climo

1995 Elected to Disc Golf Hall of Fame
12 time World Champion (consecutive 90-98, 00, 02, 06)
Japan Open 93, 94,95,
USDGC 99-00, 02, 04
10 time PDGA Male Player of the Year (90, 92, 94-00, 02)
All time PDGA Open Division Wins Leader 185+ & SuperTour Wins Leader 80+

All time PDGA Tour Money leader $251,742+
PDGA Tour Money Leader 9 times - 90, 92-98, 00 (Valencia 91, Russell 99)
In 1995 Climo won 23/28 events & almost 2 1/2 times the $ of any other player (Randolph 2nd $7878)

Keep in mind like others have said Kenny is still going strong and only 9 years older than Feldberg.

i know.. where's Skip Bayless when you need a "prisoner of the moment" comment

Also may be personal opinion but I have found FB to always come off kind a-holey. Maybe I just can't get him complaining about a TWIG in the fairy on the Renny Clash Video out of my head. Of course same video good ole' Billy Crump tells us after lunch they are having sandwich hand which caused some bad shots. :doh:

Dave-Berg aint $#!+... He's just another whiny @$$ that I'm gonna crush at Worlds this year.

Ha,ha just playin'... Yeah Dave is a pretty solid player.

Say whatever you like, but there was not near the competition in the 90s as there is today. KC was so ahead of the game when he was winning, and I'm sure even he realizes there's no way he could've done that with the current top players around. I give him credit for being able to use those crappy discs they had back then and do so well, but he was lucky enough to be the best before the rest of the pack caught up to him. When's the last time he dominated a tournament?

Latest posts