• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

A guy I work with insists on calling disc golf: gwad for "golf with a disc". He pronounces it gee-wad.

"Who's got the pad?" When asking who's got honors for teeing it up first on the hole. Or "I got the pad" meaning I'm up first.

This term is only good for one week out of the month though. (sorry, but I couldnt help myself)

The group of youth I typically play rounds with (I'm a youth minister) have made a habit of "disc whispering." Meaning that we will attempt to talk our discs into doing what we want them to. Kind of like the horse whisperer.

Only more ridiculous.

"He made the Mando!"

If you somehow get some tiny gap yards from the fairway on a bad throw and still get to the fairway my group will congratulate you on "hitting the Mando." Works best when there is no Mando on the hole.

"Here's your restaining order..." or "Get that man a restraining order..."

When someone has had the box all day and is up on everyone be several strokes. This person is said to be "all over the box today." First we must ask them to only see the box on alternate Sundays, then they get the restraining order.

"CLAAAANG!"

The whole card will say this loudly when someone hits the top rim of an Innova basket.

"Git there!"

Said mid-flight of a disc that will definatley be short of the intended target.

*backswing

I could not find if anyone posted this termWar Eagle: Noun, a scammer that likes to deceive people out of plastic or one who performs unethical acts in disc golf.

I only have ones we use in our group of friends, but are pretty fun anyways

"Walk of Shame": Having to walk around a fence in everyones view to get an OB disc

"Way to go Frank Azar" : Driving farther than everyone else. Its a reference to a Denver area lawyer who uses the nickname "the strong arm"

"Someones playing for the Sandal" or "Someones definately not playing for the Sandal" Background: We found a small purple and glittery sandal at the park and started using it for a Bitch tag, so, worst score has to put it on the bag.

"That one pulled an Endor" If a shot weaves in and out of the trees. Referring to Return of the Jedi when they were on the bikes weaving through trees.

Stripper: When you hit the pole after a good run at the basket. I call it a "stripper" because the disc works the pole, teases you and costs you money (if you're playing in a cash game or tournament). Sounds just like the ladies at the gentlemen's club!

Also known as the Patrick Chewing.

Oh hey Patrick....

hehehehhehee....my favorite commercial.

CraigD has a sound that has become part of our game. If you hit the top of an Innova basket you make the fail sound from the Price is Right.

Captain Crunch - a player that is routinely off the fairway in the woods, stepping on sticks and branches.

Meow - a response to a short putt, i.e. "you're throwin like puzzy"

Don't hit your head - When you park it UNDER the basket

Here's a couple I didn't see in Olorins post.

OTIS in Service - for those shots that hit high, and elevator down into the basket
OTIS Out of service - same shot that doesn't stay in.
Tree-nial - The shot that is denied by a tree
Grike - named for a VA golfer named Rob Grike - is a shot that flails/wobbles badly to the right, catches an edge, and rolls back exactly where it was intended to go

Captain Crunch - a player that is routinely off the fairway in the woods, stepping on sticks and branches.

Meow - a response to a short putt, i.e. "you're throwin like puzzy"

Don't hit your head - When you park it UNDER the basket

I like Captain Crunch, pretty creative.

Latest posts