• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

Princess Lay-up - for when you put your up shot under the basket instead of running at it like a man.

Don't know if this one has been said yet but we have the "River Otter." That is when your shot or putt lands on its dome and slides down a snow or ice covered hill away from the basket.

One guy gets up and throws his aviar and lands 60 feet out, another guy throws his challengar and lands 55 feet out...the last guy gets up and throws his wizard and parks it within 15 feet.

the first two just got wizzed on = ) (heard it here first =)

or if you park a wizard, you wizzed on that hole!

What is Prerube up to nowadays anyway?

Welcome the wonderful DGCR, where the "search" feature is more important to most than their disc golf game. And everyone here can throw 500 ft.+ so get to practicing.

What is Prerube up to nowadays anyway?

Welcome the wonderful DGCR, where the "search" feature is more important to most than their disc golf game. And everyone here can throw 500 ft.+ so get to practicing.

Has it gone down to 500??? I thought it used to be 600 and only 1000 rated pros were on here

I avoid reddit, we already have enough 'geniuses' around here to weed through.

I hope you find what you're looking for :)

don't forget the search feature doesn't hit the landfill. You may miss out on some entertaining gems, but you likely won't learn anything there.

My favorite terms:

Treebound-when your disc hits a tree and deflects in the direction of the basket/ fairway
Treenied- When you are aiming for that tight little gap but hit the tree instead
Treejected- When your disc hits a tree and the trajectory changes to "right into the ground" and fast
Treedo- Disc golf mulligan (must hit a tree to use one)

My favorite terms:

Treebound-when your disc hits a tree and deflects in the direction of the basket/ fairway
Treenied- When you are aiming for that tight little gap but hit the tree instead
Treejected- When your disc hits a tree and the trajectory changes to "right into the ground" and fast

I throw a lot of treemendous shots.

disc stops in the grass under the basket: "caught in the pubes" or the "pubes caught that one"

My favorite terms:

The two tree-words I use the most are treedirected (redirected by a tree), and ambiguitree (a tree hit that neither helped nor hurt your shot).

Didnt read all of the posts but one that I use on the ball golf course and the disc golf course is The Monica Lewinsky - All Lip No Hole
-Its when the disc hits the top of the lower basket and rides along the top ring and shoots off to the side or hits every part of the basket but some how doesnt stay in.

My favorite terms:

My middle name is Terrence, but I could swear the T stands for tree. :doh:

When someone's shot ends up in or near the basket even though the shot looked bad, say "Not everyone plays it that way!"

Latest posts