• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] DGCR's Favorite Putter of 2014

DGCR's Favorite Putter of 2014

• Discmania: X-LINE P1X

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • MVP/Axiom: Envy

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • MVP/Axiom: Proxy

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Prodigy: PA3

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • Latitude64: Dagger

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Gateway: Chief

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Gateway: Shaman

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Gateway (RDG): Scale

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • Salient: Touch

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • UB: Lex

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Yukin: Claws (Salient LockJaw)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Have not thrown any of these :(

Votes: 71 29.5%
  • Westside Shield

Votes: 15 6.2%

• Total voters

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
With the recent ATDG's throwers choice I figured it was fitting we have our own here on DGCR with separate speed classes for discs released this past year. A poll with mids and drivers to follow but this takes a littttttttttle work to set up, so chill and vote on these for now :D

(edit: poll added with below options)
Discmania: X-LINE P1X
MVP/Axiom: Envy
MVP/Axiom: Proxy
Prodigy: PA3
Latitude64: Dagger
Gateway: Chief
Gateway: Shaman
Gateway (RDG): Scale
Salient: Touch
UB: Lex
Yukin: Claws

Last edited:
im actually pretty interested in this one. there are fanbois for most of these putters

For me? Envy, hands down.

it's killing me not to have tried a soft envy yet. :eek:

I voted Envy because it made my bag right away and I can't even imagine how I played disc gold without it, but the Scale is a helluva disc as well. Everyone should try one.

Also the RDG Scale is an RDG product in the same way as a Discmania putter is. Our discs are manufactured by Gateway but we are an independent body that owns our mold.

I'm working hard on developing an individual identify for us :)

MVP Atom*

*It was technically sneaked into 2014, and was approved this year as well.

Also the RDG Scale is an RDG product in the same way as a Discmania putter is. Our discs are manufactured by Gateway but we are an independent body that owns our mold.

I'm working hard on developing an individual identify for us :)

sorry about that! I have a message into a mod to see if they can update the poll with shield added. If you want to "report" the initial post and see if they will remove gateway, feel free!

Of those I've thrown the Shield, Envy, PA3, Dagger, Chief, and Shaman. But I've heard about the others. Extra fast "putters" like the breaker/chief and extra slow "putters" like the rattler/polecat/dagger/loackjaw usually don't appeal to me as much as putters in the wizard-aviar speed range. I'm a big fan of the wizard for it's feel, It's a little too overstable for my putting, but great for a lot of putter shots. But on occasion I would love a more overstable wizard, so I'm going to vote scale for sure. The P1X intrigues me as a less overstable wizard that would be more suitable for my putting. I need to hear more about the touch and lex.

Touch is amazing, I'll take it any day. A few other ones I would use on here as well though, good year for putters.

Hopefully Shield, I got one coming but hope it replaces the Envy as I love the Swan and would like a better compliment with the same plastic blend and feel.

From the list above I've thrown the envy, shaman, chief, and scale. Scale is my favorite by far. Envy is nice but premium plastic doesn't work for me in putters. Shaman and chief don't power down well at all.

Envy has made a huge impact on my game in all three of the plastics. Proxy is great so far but it needs more course time to be accurately judged.

Thanks for the time to set up these polls Aim! Much appreciated brother.

Latest posts