• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 San Francisco Open presented by AbsoluteXtracts 10-May to 12-May-2019

I know you're not saying Climo would foot fault like that. Climo and Patrick Brown would call her foot faultin nice ass out for that like they did on Stokely.

This does bring out an interesting point. I'm not saying that you (MikeK) were saying this, but there have been some that have said that Climo and Brown did that to Stokely not for legitimate reasons, but to (mess) with him and gain an advantage over him. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

But the point is that they did call Stokely for the faults, and people are still talking about that to this day. And we wonder why players don't call each other's faults like they should: seems like they don't want the controversy and the ongoing debate for months if not years to come.

Anybody know what's going on with the broadcast? The dgpt.TV website indicates a bad URL right now, YouTube shows fpo is supposed to start at 9 a.m. Central Time I believe and it's after 10 a.m. and nothing yet on youtube.

Thanks BB, I knew you'd come to the rescue! What about the website being down, I haven't even tried to go to that site since it first came up so I'm not sure what the status is.

I didn't bother to open it the first 2 days. I watched on YT.

I didn't bother to open it the first 2 days. I watched on YT.

Same here, I've only been to that website once when it first went online. But as I recall that site head other content so I'm not sure why it would be down, especially since it's still being listed as a place to watch this event. Maybe they pay for the URL up time by the hour, similar to seedy motels. ;)

First fairway drive and Cat is way to the right of the disc again. . maybe the way she allways plays, i have just started to notice it.

Feels simpler to just place the foot behind the disc...not to the side

attachment.php

Attachments

• cat 3.JPG
    cat 3.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 230
I'd like to see this on ESPN and hear how the announcers explain why rule violations are not called in disc golf.

People want/expect the sport to be big time yet calling rule infractions is wrong to do, according to disc golfers anyway.

Really growing the sport. :rolleyes:

It seems like Cat habitually misses her mark in the same way, which suggests that it is something she practices. When I say that, I'm not saying that she's intentionally cheating. I'm saying she doesn't seem to understand what a legal stance actually looks like, and whatever her concept of it is has never been corrected. So she plows on throwing from illegal stances not realizing she's doing it wrong.

Of course, as I type this, she managed to line up her run-up and plant correctly only to step on her marker. Maybe she isn't being mindful of her footwork after all.

It's much easier to throw from the fairway when you don't concern yourself with hitting the legal mark.
And still no one calls it.

These putting green commercials are just killing Nate & Val's chances to up the drama.

This is something they borrowed from Jomez and I don't think it works for live. I'm not a fan of it in the post-produced, but at least when it's edited footage, they can pick and choose which shots get shrunk down into the little window so as there isn't an important putt that gets obscured. In other words, if a player doinks a 15 footer, Jomez can show it and then do the ad. Live...it's all guesswork and something worth seeing could end up shrunk in the corner.

This is something they borrowed from Jomez and I don't think it works for live. I'm not a fan of it in the post-produced, but at least when it's edited footage, they can pick and choose which shots get shrunk down into the little window so as there isn't an important putt that gets obscured. In other words, if a player doinks a 15 footer, Jomez can show it and then do the ad. Live...it's all guesswork and something worth seeing could end up shrunk in the corner.

I totally agree. (IMO) Nate & Val are at their best when sharing the mental game of a player either holding on to a lead, or charging the leader -- they've been there. And today, after Pierce's eagle on 10, the drama was mostly on the putting green, and N&V could have really piqued the viewer involvement. But between losing the audio during putts and the quick cutaway after the putts, the prime moments were lost.

These putting green commercials are just killing Nate & Val's chances to up the drama.

I don't normally have the chance to watch full live coverage, but will instead pick up the feed at some point during the round when I can get to it. So, some significant amount of time will have already gone by when I start watching the beginning of a round. And, when the card gets to putting at the end of each hole, and they go to the tiny window in a commercial window thing, I generally just skip past all that to the beginning of the next hole, because I have found that it generates a feeling that the action occurring at that moment is not important.
Also, I can barely see the action in the tiny window, so why bother?

First fairway drive and Cat is way to the right of the disc again. . maybe the way she allways plays, i have just started to notice it.

Feels simpler to just place the foot behind the disc...not to the side

attachment.php

Saw this too, she seems to plant on her toe within the limits (maybe) and then rolls over onto her heel.