• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc brands you dislike

Disc brands you dislike

• Innova

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 33 10.7%
  • Discmania

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • Dynamic

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • Lat 64

Votes: 45 14.6%
  • Westside

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Vibram

Votes: 90 29.1%
  • Legacy

• MVP

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 131 42.4%
  • Daredevil

• Gateway

Votes: 48 15.5%
  • Millennium

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • DGA

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Element Disc

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • Reptilian Disc Golf

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Lightning

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Prodiscus

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Aerobie

Votes: 87 28.2%
  • Axiom

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Kastaplast

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Ozone

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Yikun

Votes: 56 18.1%
  • RPM Discs

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters
I really freaking hate Lightning discs, but I think they've been irrelevant for so long it really doesn't matter. No clue if Gateway produces anything worth having these days, but about a decade ago they sure didn't.

Still not big on Vibram. I think the Lace is a great mold, but that rubber stuff they use to make discs is too gummy and has some bizarre flight characteristics. I have 1 Lace that absolutely bombs. Everything else I've thrown from that company sucked.

I don't have any serious problems with any other company. Frankly I think the proliferation of disc manufacturers has forced them all to step up their games producing good molds out of good plastics. The overall quality of discs produced today is far better than 10 years ago.

I dont hate anyone.

I dont throw Vibram, or much MVP/Axiom bcz I dont like the discs. no animosity towards the companies. In fact both of them are pretty unique and interesting, and if they work for some people then I'm really glad they're around.

I think Trilogy wants to be in Innova's business selling plastic to the masses, and they should really listen to the people who are the backbone of their current business - advanced and intermediate players - who cannot get the time of day from them right now.

I think Innova fanbois are pretty annoying, but hey.. fanbois.. I have more respect for Innova than all of the others put together. They invented the discs, then they let others use their patents back in the early days so that we could have a sport. Vibram, Axiom, DC, Trilogy and all those guys have made their own contributions, some more altruistic than others, but I dont see any other disc company being quite that cool today.

Hate is too strong of an emotional investment for me. I may be indifferent to some companies and I might get annoyed by the fanbois of certain companies, but I'm not sponsored and will throw whatever disc that I feel can get the job done.

If you throw Dynamic, you can support an American company even if they are a part of Trilogy.

Dynamic seems like they make good stuff but they're manufactured in Sweden. :\

I think Trilogy wants to be in Innova's business selling plastic to the masses, and they should really listen to the people who are the backbone of their current business - advanced and intermediate players - who cannot get the time of day from them right now.

First I've seen this complaint. What exactly is happening?

I don't like Discraft because they take all the euthanized shelter dogs and grind them up to make their dyes.

I don't like Discraft because they take all the euthanized shelter dogs and grind them up to make their dyes.

Seems legit...

I voted Innova and Discmania. Every run is inconsistent, and their plastics are a step down from every other counterpart on my favorite brands end. Of course this is my opinion.

I don't "hate" any company but;

I don't care for Westside as there flight ratings are terrible and I don't care for their plastics.
Don't like Prodigy because of their "happy boy chest bumping team idiocies". I hope that's politically correct enough.
Lat64 has been the most disappointing for me in the inconsistency department.
MVP/Axiom because of the fan-boyism. I did try them though, but the over mold and plastics don't work for me.
I throw some DD but can't stand Cool Daddy Slick Douche and the more I see of him, the less I want to buy anymore.
Don't care for Vibram plastics. Sorry.

On a wish list, I wish Discraft made more molds in plastics besides "Z". I want a wasp in anything but "Z" and a few others in ESP.
I wish Innova made consistent Valkyries.

I only voted so that I could see the poll results. I ended up choosing Discmania because I'm not a fan of a lot of their stamps. Good quality artwork, just not my thing.

Dont really hate on anyone, but some dislikes:

For the product:
-any of the "toy" companies that make a crap product ill fitted to be thrown for any kind of serious effort at the sport. (Yikun used to be on this list IMO, but not necessarily anymore. didnt vote) Ching, Atom Sports, whatever would be on this list for me.

For availability:
-anything obscure that is not available in Finland. Dont really know about them, cant say its a dislike really, just an observation (didnt vote on any off the list due to this)

For fanboyism:
The biggest offender used to be Prodigy, but they seem to have calmed down. Nowadays it seems to be the trilogy peeps that are the most vocal. MVP/Axiom to some extent too, but not as much in Finland as it seems to be on DGCR in general.

Hyped about your chosen brand? Great, more power to you. Trying to stuff your brand down the throats of anyone within listening range? Shut up. Putting down other manufacturers while youre at it*? Shutup shutup shutup! (voted Trilogy and MVP/Axiom) *the soup of the day seems to be always "Innova is super inconsistent, Trilogy/MVP never is"

My favorite analogue is religion. By all means believe what you will, but dont preach it unless someone is asking about it. And dont wage wars on account of it.

Latest posts