• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc brands you dislike

Disc brands you dislike

• Innova

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 33 10.7%
  • Discmania

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • Dynamic

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • Lat 64

Votes: 45 14.6%
  • Westside

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Vibram

Votes: 90 29.1%
  • Legacy

• MVP

Votes: 74 23.9%
  • Prodigy

Votes: 131 42.4%
  • Daredevil

• Gateway

Votes: 48 15.5%
  • Millennium

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • DGA

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Element Disc

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • Reptilian Disc Golf

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Lightning

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Prodiscus

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • Aerobie

Votes: 87 28.2%
  • Axiom

Votes: 53 17.2%
  • Kastaplast

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Ozone

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Yikun

Votes: 56 18.1%
  • RPM Discs

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters
I just recently acquired a M4 so when the weather warms up I'll give Prodigy a fair shake but all things considered they haven't done much to sway me into overcoming their usually higher sticker price at my local stores vs the brands I'm familiar with.

The M4 is a great disc, but it came out of my bag when I found that the Mirage handled everything the M4 did, and (the Mirage) was a better approach disc, as well.

Good analogy on the book titles, btw.

kinda surprised to see all the Vibram hate. I never see anyone throw a Vibram but that's because I figured many don't know about them. (we have 20 or so courses). i throw many Vibram better than anything else. And the rubber is durable. Also a lot of the discs go up in value.People are begging for my Sole! I really like DD discs. But one thing that irritates me is the names. They're so similarly named I can't remember what each discs is even supposed to do.

I definitely had to choose aerobie. If you seen all of there golf equipment not just the epic you probably would understand.

If quest at was on the list i would have been all over them.

11 votes for kastaplast and no one has posted why yet.

I understand the Berg (best disc ever) and the Rask having quite mixed reviews with how unique they are, but I challenge anyone to throw either Gryms or either Kaxe and tell me they don't like the brand. The mold minimalists should love the tweener mids that can also take fairway duties.

Is it because they are a tick more expensive? Is it because they are not American? I am genuinely curious as I find they are the only company that really seems to have plastic blends a step better than the rest.

For the prodigy defenders, there are very few prodigy lovers here in Colorado. I don't mind their numbering system, its quite straight forward. The early M1/M2 debacle was annyoing, their plastic feels kinda toyish (though some blends are quite good). My biggest issue is how difficult it is to get 2 discs, especially in the driver line, that fly the same. Much like destroyers without the indicators. Then there is the Prodigy launch. I think they were in the right place but didn't get it figured out soon enough for the hype.

I had a kastaplast berg which was more of a novelty than anything. Then I had a kaxe and kaxe z. And I wouldn't have said that their plastic is any better than the others.

I personally don't have any dislike for them, just thought I'd give you a little feedback on kastaplast.

I have a Reko and I like it just fine. So no hate for Kastaplast here.

I will say that 11 votes for them is *ONLY* 11 votes. That's not a lot in that poll relative to the overall. There's always going to be those that dislike any brand, and that's okay, it's what the poll was asking for.

I understand the Berg (best disc ever) and the Rask having quite mixed reviews with how unique they are, but I challenge anyone to throw either Gryms or either Kaxe and tell me they don't like the brand. The mold minimalists should love the tweener mids that can also take fairway duties.

Is it because they are a tick more expensive? Is it because they are not American? I am genuinely curious as I find they are the only company that really seems to have plastic blends a step better than the rest.

Yeah a little surprised there myself, if only cause they are still relatively unknown.
Granted, I'm a huge fan, the Kaxe, Berg, and Reko are 3 of the best discs I've ever thrown, and I think K1 and K3 are the best plastics available. I have beat the crap out of some K1 Kaxe and they hold up better overall than any other plastic I have.

I will say, the lack of consistency in the US distribution has been a big turn off over time.
Its tough to get things on a regular basis, and shops that do have them have like 6 total discs at times.

Vibram, because I love the feel and grip, but hate the mids and won't create an entire Vibram bag because of the crappy mids and don't want to mix plastic and rubber in the same bag.. Everything feels slippy after cranking a lace... Oh and the price, I don't like the fact that they don't have a dx price equivalent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My vote was for Prodigy. I remember hearing about their start-up issues (such as players using Prodigy stamped KC Aviars) online, etc, but figured that was just the woes of a new company trying to make a splash on the DG scene.

Then I moved about 15 minutes from their HQ. As a collective, they have the most elitist/hipster-esque attitude I've been around in disc golf. Most local DGers drool over them and want to be sponsored by them, but most everyone I've met that is actually connected to the brand has been a complete tool, with the exception of founder Phil Arthur, he's a nice guy.

Maybe my biggest complaint is that their baskets are awful, with the heavy, bulky chains that aren't friendly to most putting styles. Unfortunately in my area these baskets seem to be the choice for new courses.

My vote was for Prodigy. I remember hearing about their start-up issues (such as players using Prodigy stamped KC Aviars) online, etc, but figured that was just the woes of a new company trying to make a splash on the DG scene.

Then I moved about 15 minutes from their HQ. As a collective, they have the most elitist/hipster-esque attitude I've been around in disc golf. Most local DGers drool over them and want to be sponsored by them, but most everyone I've met that is actually connected to the brand has been a complete tool, with the exception of founder Phil Arthur, he's a nice guy.

Maybe my biggest complaint is that their baskets are awful, with the heavy, bulky chains that aren't friendly to most putting styles. Unfortunately in my area these baskets seem to be the choice for new courses.

Do they have the lime green baskets? I kinda agree that there's something off with those.

Do they have the lime green baskets? I kinda agree that there's something off with those.

That's the ones. My regular group counts spit outs from these as a .5 stroke penalty when playing a casual round, because they're so prone to that. The lime green is invisible in the spring woods as well :wall:

That's the ones. My regular group counts spit outs from these as a .5 stroke penalty when playing a casual round, because they're so prone to that. The lime green is invisible in the spring woods as well :wall:

They do look cool but definitely no my fave