• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been scared of any dogs I am come across. Maybe it's from volunteering at the SPCA and being around all different types of dogs, even ex fighting dogs that were great around people just couldn't be around other dogs.

Dogs react to how you act. If you act like prey, they treat you like prey. If you act like the leader of the pack, they treat you like the leader of the pack.

If you have a problem with a dog, 99 times out of 100 it's because of your problem, not the dog.

The first time, my 3 year old daughter was playing in the front yard while I was doing yard work. A contractor pulled up next door with a Doberman loose in the bed of his truck. The dog immediately started staring at my daughter. I asked the guy to leash his dog and he told me to stick it. So, I called my daughter to take her in the house. When she started running to me, the dog jumped out of the truck and was charging her. I jumped and tackled the dog before he got to her. He bite into my forearm and I spun him around and fell on him. Grabbed him under the chin and snapped his neck.

The contractor, then, tried to whip my azz. When he got the wrong end of that deal, he called the cops. He still didn't get it when the cops arrested him.

Woodpecker
If you did to my dog, you wouldn't be alive to make this post. The dog was probably running up to play with your daughter. She may have gotten hurt, so you were protecting her, I get it, but you caught it before it got to her and you it bit you because you hurt it, it was defending itself. You already had it restrained, killing it wasn't necessary.

If you were really around dogs your whole life, you should have known better. Sounds like your just an ******* with a out of control temper who feels like a big man because you can abuse and animal.
You truly deserve to be in jail or dead.

My biggest on the course pet peeve is disc theft, or flat out dishonesty. I played a couple rounds today and on two occasions we had two different groups try to take my buddy's disc. I don't know what the hell is going on at Roscoe, but it seems to happen out there a lot and its getting worse it appears.

I would of done the same Woodpecker. Animals should be leashed.

Who knows how that doberman was raised.

When friends do not respect my time, just because I usually bend over backwards to be available for stuff doesn't mean my time is worthless or worth less than their time.

i dont mind dogs around the course, and as soon as I get one im sure ill be bringing it with me as well. No matter how well the dog is behaved it will be on a leash tho. I just might not be holding the leash the whole time.

Wow, dogs really are a sensitive subject for some. Last week, my group witnessed an unleashed dog barrel towards another unleashed dog out on the course. Owner had no control. The two dogs were ok and being playful, but my friend says "If that dog was coming at me, I'd probably give it a little kick but I have steel toes and don't want to hurt it".

I agreed with this, saying I could easily knock the wind out of a dog and may take that route if was me. I've done it before. I think I could get the best of most dogs without killing them. :\

So a little while later, same lunatic dog is running toward my group which includes my other friends LEASHED dog. My steel-toe clad buddy runs toward the charging dog and starts flailing around and they start looking like football players trying to out-juke each other. Crazy dog gets freaked out and runs away. Nobody got hurt and it was kinda funny to watch.

I think most dogs are easily intimidated. Try that dog whisperer "SSSSS" noise that he makes all the time. It's amazing how many dogs will listen to me within 30 seconds of meeting them.

If that don't work, maybe it's GUTSHOT TIME! :)

:popcorn:

I agreed with this, saying I could easily knock the wind out of a dog and may take that route if was me. :

ry%3D400

ok woodpecker might have over reacted a bit, but if a dog is charging a child, regardless I think it was justifiable to put the dog down, period. And by down I mean on the ground, not in the ground. It's a child, not a whole lot of room for discussion. But I did think he did right by beating the dog owner's a$$. Especially if he asked the owner to leash the dog. I would have probably done the same thing, if the dog is out of control maybe a good beating will teach the owner to leash it. :)
I know if a dog were to bite me, it would definitely hurt someone's pocket book, and I'd make sure the dog was put down, I can take a bite, not going to ruin my life, have before, but if it would bite me then it would bite a child. I think woodpecker was probably in the right with what he says he did. Do I believe he wrestled a doby down and snapped his neck? not a bit, that sounds like internet bravado and a way to start strife, but it was in the defense of a child so the thought was good. Just sounds like a load of BS.

We really need to move on to the next pet peeve! This dog thing has gotten out of hand.

So plain and simple, this is my beef...

My dog, that doesn't bark, responds without name calling, and over all well behaved, has to be leashed at the penalty of gun shot......while everyones barky, un trained dogs run free because they're a " friendly breed". Wtf!

My self assured rotty that knows her place and respects the dog rules, is way less likely to bite vs these lil dogs that think they run shhh, yappin all the time.

So plain and simple, this is my beef...

My dog, that doesn't bark, responds without name calling, and over all well behaved, has to be leashed at the penalty of gun shot......while everyones barky, un trained dogs run free because they're a " friendly breed". Wtf!

My self assured rotty that knows her place and respects the dog rules, is way less likely to bite vs these lil dogs that think they run shhh, yappin all the time.

I get this crap with my German Shepard all the time, Ive had people cross to the other side of the street when walking him before.
I F'n hate small dogs. They rarely seem to be as well behaved as larger ones.

We really need to move on to the next pet peeve! This dog thing has gotten out of hand.

OK I'll add a new one. show yup at the first tee and see a kid who plays in the same league.

Him: hey do you want to play for tags?
Me: sure
Him: wait what tag do you have.(then when he see mine is higher than his) ...Oh nevermind

Last edited:
OK I'll add a new one. show yup at the first tee and see a kid who plays in the same league.

Him: hey do you want to play for tags?
Me: sure
Him: wait what tag do you have.(then when he see mine is higher than his) ...Oh nevermind

I just don't say what my tag is until we're on at least hole 2. :p

I got a tag so I can play the "private" course, it really doesn't matter what number it is, still gets me there. I've played for it a few times, usually with people that have slightly lower number than mine, most people just want someone to throw with.

Status
Not open for further replies.