• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pro Tour

1765712_orig.jpg

And now for something completely different:
Fantasy Disc Golf: Pro Tour Style

New contest each week there is a Pro Tour, NT, or Major. Quality A-Tiers and DGWT events will be included in they have enough 999+ rated players.

Each week the best score will win a Pro Tour WATCH! shirt.

I couldn't get the page to display. I'll try it again once I get home on my personal PC. Might have something to do with security settings here at work...

I couldn't get the page to display. I'll try it again once I get home on my personal PC. Might have something to do with security settings here at work...

Please let us know if this continues. We did have one report of the form not working on an Android 5.1 in Chrome.

I want to follow the conversations here up. In the 1930s it was generally acknowledged that there should be avenues of entertainment for the poor and middle class in this country. Public parks, public venues that were cheap or no cost. It was thought that these things would be good and healthy, and would help to build character. If my recollections serves me, Central Park in New York was built to address this notion. Not everything was supposed to cost money or be a profit center. Camping was the poor man's activity, rich people went to retreats, call them spas if you will. Somehow, since Ronnie Reagan, we've gone down this path that everything should be for profit, and that poor people were a lazy shiftless lot trying to take advantage. I take some pride in the fact that disc golf is inclusive, that it can be played by anyone on any day, indeed, those are it's roots, a bunch of California hippies throwing discs around and inventing fun games.

I'm excited to see that disc golf increasingly is able to accommodate both those out to play for money, and those who want a viable inexpensive activity to participate in. I'm all for building pay to play venues for those who want a better class of people, so to speak, but I'd hate to see us lose the volunteer, all inclusive aspect of our sport. And when I say better class of people I mean it. The posts here are written more carefully, but that is exactly what they are saying. People who want to spend some money, not those cheap buggers, people who conduct themselves in a certain fashion, what ever that might be. Making such distinctions, no matter what they're based on, bothers me. Not wanting to spend money, or even possibly, not having any disposable income isn't a crime, it isn't a character flaw, it's a reality in a country that has shipped a big chunk of its manual labor jobs over to China, and where the remaining jobs are often in the service industry and pay very low wages. When you're looking at $20 for a disc, or feeding your family, you might just be a cheap bugger.

I think you took my response/observation too literally. I DO come from a golf background, but public course not private country club background. I, of course, was generalizing about not liking the players. Just as I'm not a fan of snooty, Benz driving "dime rich" millionaires associated with golf I'm also not a fan of the what's in it for me, let's "rest" of three or four holes discer who is always looking for his next buzz (and not the mid made by Discraft). These too are generalizations. No matter what the reason, I assume I will NEVER understand expecting the equivalent (or more) for your entry fee into a competition no matter where you finish. As has been on DGCR ad nauseum, basically no other amateur sport/game does this.

I think you took my response/observation too literally. I DO come from a golf background, but public course not private country club background. I, of course, was generalizing about not liking the players. Just as I'm not a fan of snooty, Benz driving "dime rich" millionaires associated with golf I'm also not a fan of the what's in it for me, let's "rest" of three or four holes discer who is always looking for his next buzz (and not the mid made by Discraft). These too are generalizations. No matter what the reason, I assume I will NEVER understand expecting the equivalent (or more) for your entry fee into a competition no matter where you finish. As has been on DGCR ad nauseum, basically no other amateur sport/game does this.

Good!

Sorry to take you too literally. Perhaps I spend less time listening to the "what's in it crowd" than the "what can I do for you crowd." Most of the players I know are rebuilding courses and running minis to help raise funds for the local club.

When you mention the guys who want the equivalent pay out, are you talking about Ams or Pros? Does equivalent payout mean at cost, or retail? I've heard kavitiching about payout too, but relative to the effort I see from those who put into the sport, it has always seemed minor. Kind of like my sons complaining they don't get enough video time, mean Dad. I have to admit I attribute that to an all too privileged upbringing where someone was given way more then they were required to give. Acts 20:35. And no, I'm not religious, just think it's a great philosophy.

Please let us know if this continues. We did have one report of the form not working on an Android 5.1 in Chrome.
No luck at home. same display. Home computer is older, running Chrome though Vista. I found out work internet access is unfettered, running IE through window 10.

Attachments

• DG Pro Tour.png
    DG Pro Tour.png
    133 KB · Views: 35
Still no dice

Hi Steve,

No viewable form on iPad Air using Safari or Chrome. Also no dice with Mac OS X El Capitan using Safari or Chrome.

On Firefox 44.0.2 (with AdBlockPlus) I can load the fantasy disc golf page and see the sponsors, but just see a big blank space to the right. I go into the adblock settings and see a link to a Google Form that is supposed to be in that space. If I try to open that link separately, it takes me to the Google login page and asks me to login to Forms.

I also tried it on IE9, which I never otherwise use, and it loads the page and gives me an error message that "this content can not be displayed in a frame". I also tried loading the link in a new tab, and it takes me to Google and asks to login as well.

I figured it out. I couldn't see the form on my iPad or my computer, but I could see it on my wife's computer. I was thinking "what's different between us?", and I realized she's always logged into gmail (work email). I went back to my computer and logged into gmail, and voila there's the form for the DGPT fantasy page. Problem solved. (At least for me).

I figured it out. I couldn't see the form on my iPad or my computer, but I could see it on my wife's computer. I was thinking "what's different between us?", and I realized she's always logged into gmail (work email). I went back to my computer and logged into gmail, and voila there's the form for the DGPT fantasy page. Problem solved. (At least for me).

Thank you! That totally makes sense since we only allow one vote per player!

12376302_987356508022697_1467415763673450468_n.jpg

We are excited to introduce our dual Putt Truss. On shorter, aceable holes on the Pro Tour, we will be incorporating the Paragon Truss elements to define ideal landing spots on the green as well as provide attractive sponsor placement.

In Paragon We Truss.

Let us know if you like adding some difficulty and green placement definition on shorter, aceable holes.

We are excited to introduce our dual Putt Truss. On shorter, aceable holes on the Pro Tour, we will be incorporating the Paragon Truss elements to define ideal landing spots on the green as well as provide attractive sponsor placement.

In Paragon We Truss.

Let us know if you like adding some difficulty and green placement definition on shorter, aceable holes.

Love the idea, but why limit it to just the shorter aceable holes? I get that part of it is good visibility for the sponsor logos from the tee, but aren't there some two and three shot holes that could still benefit from some added elements on the green?

I mean, are a couple trusses any better or worse from a design perspective than a postage stamp island green at the end of a long par 4 like hole 18 at Maple Hill? Both place emphasis on shot positioning and placement, just in different ways.

Guess you gotta start somewhere, at least until you run out of short aceable holes to sell trusses on. :)

In Paragon We Truss.

I am in favor! Interesting greens that can force a hyzer putt or anny putt are awesome! Also this is an option that is more adjustable and less obstructive than bushy trees. You can even move/ change them from round to round!

I'm a big fan of the trusses. In addition to the obvious sponsorship benefits, they help frame the basket. Finding a basket on camera is a hassle if you aren't familiar with the hole.

Interesting discussion here, because the conversation on the related Facebook post swung predominantly negative. People were calling this gimmicky.

Personally, I like that it takes big hyzer shot out of the equation a bit and requires just a straight shot. Should make for some fun ace runs.

I don't like them, seem gimmick.Why not put a huge safety billboard behind the basket so noone can get hit in the back walking away.