• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf video game.

I've been day dreaming about a disc golf video game these past few snowy weeks.

Our snowy weeks tend to be months, but you can DG in the winter too. That said, the PS3 DG game that used the move controller, hell, that's pretty much the reason me and my friend started playing actual DG. We'd hit the video game here and there, always talking about how one day we should try the actual thing, always putting it off, until last summer. And then we even played through the winter.

Seriously, I was probably outside more from September through April this past year than I'd been outside during those months the past 15-20 years added together, tennis season usually ended in September, wasn't into skating or skiing, so outdoor activities were rather low in number.

Wii sports resort had disc golf I think, or tiger woods '10 for wii. Either way I was terrible at it and it drove me nuts that my niece who had never picked up a frisbee couod kick my butt. Dunno if it was the wii sensors fault or my form (I was still ultimate only at the time)

The upgraded kinect on the xbox one would be capable of a much more realistic simulation I think

I've spent a ton of time playing disc golf on Wii sports resort. I enjoy it thoroughly even though there are very few options (1 driver, 1 midrange, 1 putter. Also only 1 course I believe).

The "baskets" are cylinders about 30' in diameter and infinitely tall... makes hitting some really long shots possible. :D:D

Fun game, but not a very good simulation of actual disc golf.

I've spent a ton of time playing disc golf on Wii sports resort. I enjoy it thoroughly even though there are very few options (1 driver, 1 midrange, 1 putter. Also only 1 course I believe).

The "baskets" are cylinders about 30' in diameter and infinitely tall... makes hitting some really long shots possible. :D:D

Fun game, but not a very good simulation of actual disc golf.

I Loved playing Wii disc golf, too. Then my Mom asked my Dad and I if she could join while we were playing one night while I was visiting. She schooled us Both and I hated that game after that. :doh:

I had the PS3 game and didn't really like it. It's just not the same. I bought a basket and can putt up to 20ft in the dining room.

I really hate to necro a thread like this and possible offend the community (what a way to make an entrance!), but I happened across this forum and thread while searching for some spin physics maths. I won't waste much time here, yet. So first off:

unreal engine is dead. ;)

Not sure if this was sarcasm or what, but if not, I must say that UE is far from dead. In fact, it hasn't been at any point in its... lifetime. Currently, it's thriving.

Right, so I happened across this thread and it struck me as a great idea, and I'm quite surprised there isn't more of a demand out there for disc golf games. I live in an area where DG is quite popular (I've played a few games as well), another reason this jumped out at me.

So I have to ask: is interest still high around these parts for a DG game? Right now I'm in the final stages (production assets and final design, fine-tuning, etc) of a game project that's a sort of take on Pong with revamped graphics and some new game modes. I won't get into that here, though. I have a lot of experience with game development, covering pretty much the whole spectrum of duties and skills from concept to launch/marketing and team/project management.

I think this would be an interesting project on the side, something to get the community involved in. Any nerds still stumbling around these parts? Let me know if I should stay interested, I'll keep an eye out for replies here in this grave of a thread (again, sorry for the necro!)

Last edited:
For what is is worth, I play 'Disc Golf Unchained' on Android whenever I have a few minutes to kill. Helps with line selection.

I would love a disc golf PS4 game. However, I asked this very questionable on Reddit and got down voted to hell and back.