• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

So it's official, March 7th is the C-line release date. DD2, PD2, PD, TD and MD2

http://www.discmania.net/2011/03/01/discmania-c-line-release-march-7th/

turso said:
So it's official, March 7th is the C-line release date. DD2, PD2, PD, TD and MD2

http://www.discmania.net/2011/03/01/discmania-c-line-release-march-7th/

I am excited about this.

Would a TD serve to fill a gap that a range of beat PD's could not?

There aren't a lot of gaps that a range of beat PDs can't fill, but none the less the PD/TD combo is a great one.

I find that the TD fills the slot a beat S-PD would fill (<7/10 beat). I have lost my really beat S-PDs and gotten frustrated. I have had more luck with the TD than beat PDs for hyzer shots that I want to flip flat and still fade at the end of the flight. A slightly beat stiff P-PD is an alternative for this shot as well but I play fairly wooded courses and you will have to continually rotate out P-line PDs for this shot. Also, I throw rollers fairly frequently and the TD seems to be straighter and longer as a roller disc (speaking of backhand rollers of course).

I'm really liking my TD. I've been using the one in my bag since July and its tarring to break in. Its like a freaking CE Leopard with some extra speed. It so curvey in its turns or laser straight on hyzer flips.

So yeah, not only are AJ and Will on the team and McBeth rocking the P2, Climo apparently also has the C-TD (or some TD at least) in his bag along with the MD2...

And the C-Line is available in Finland, hooray! You suckers will have to wait a couple of hours.

Are they supposed to be released in the US today, or just in Europe? I might have to pick up a couple of C-Line PDs. I'm hoping they have some dome and fly like the nice teebirdish S-Lines.

Think I'll wait for discgolfcenter or MS to have them. I've heard not such great things recently about DGV.

Any good feelings I had toward Discmania evaporated at my first reading of their recent über-retarded 'guerilla marketing' effort. I could never justify spending one thin dime of my hard-earned money to support that dreck.

Interesting. I can understand thinking that their marketing was cheesy. I honestly agree. But I'm afraid I have a hard time understanding boycotting them over it. They seem even more attractive to me now that they are making champion plastic standard. Short of morale dubiousness, I can't see anything wrong with trying new tactics to sell plastic.

I refuse to reward mediocrity (and that's an extremely generous assessment of their current campaign). It's just my Buddha nature. Modern society would be a lot more palatable if more folks followed my lead.

I reward badness, as long as it so bad it's good. Mediocrity and pure greatness can suck it.

Latest posts