• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

so... i tend to throw mostly innova, no particular reason, other than I am very happy with their discs.

BUT...

I had to try the nuke... and it is everything everyone says it is. Easy 400ft, its so damn fast out of the hand... wow.

Glides like no other high speed driver. The destroyer and boss tend to want to just give out and cut to the ground, this discs seems like it wants to just keep gliding.

Nothing I'm saying hasnt been said already, but just had to chime in and give discraft props, this disc is rediculous. Oh and if you haven't thrown one, do yourself a favor and throw one, its not a myth, this disc really is bombalicious.

So I guess it was a mistake to sell my 1st run nukes for $12 after winning some ctp this weekend huh?

Oh well,

I got a echo green Nuke that is crazy overstable and a red that would def be considered overstable. They are nothing like my Memorial, but are great nonetheless.

There's a local store selling Nukes for $12 a pop, I might have to head on over and grab a couple...

I like the katana but evertime I throw the nuke I seem to get a much better release. I may just end up using the Nuke instead of a Katana... time will tell.

I also threw the nuke quite at bit at the Wyco tourney. I was a mad bomber with that thing in my hand the first round(We won't talk about the second round :evil: ).

BLURR said:
I also threw the nuke quite at bit at the Wyco tourney. I was a mad bomber with that thing in my hand the first round(We won't talk about the second round :evil: ).

Ya, what happened there? I got tired and missed 3 putts inside of 20' towards the end of the round, and went 7, 5 on #13 and #14. That's where my round disappeared to.

mzuleger said:
I like the katana but evertime I throw the nuke I seem to get a much better release. I may just end up using the Nuke instead of a Katana... time will tell.
:? i guess i have a freak Nuke (170 white memorial) but it is NOTHING like a Katana, mine is like a real beefy star boss, i couldnt hyzer flip it like a Katana if my life depended on it

I ended up picking up one 168 purple and one 172 white. They both had pretty similar stability with the purple one flying a touch longer. Much more stable than any Katana, and a little less stable than my 168 Star Boss.

These things are just as long or maybe a hair longer than my Destroyers, just harder to throw.

I get the feeling that if I improved my form some they would get out longer than the Destroyers on much lower lines, so I will probably hold on to them.

They were REALLY nose angle sensitive. Nose down they would hold a straight line for a long time, a little less nose down and it was stall city.

Timko said:
BLURR said:

Ya, what happened there? I got tired and missed 3 putts inside of 20' towards the end of the round, and went 7, 5 on #13 and #14. That's where my round disappeared to.

Had some real issues with the OB and control the second round(8 OB strokes). 9, 10, 11 and 13 got me. I had a drop in 3 on 14. I did however get to watch 7 disc's go splash on that hole. One guy in front of us splashed 3 of them in there.

The nuke is catching on. I think it was one of the most popular disc's I saw all weekend in Columbia and in KC.

i love how im sitting here trying to figure out who you guys are based on the way you described your rounds at wyco.. no luck can't figure it out. I wish everyone had to put their pdga number in their profile here :)

BLURR said:
Timko said:
BLURR said:

Had some real issues with the OB and control the second round(8 OB strokes). 9, 10, 11 and 13 got me. I had a drop in 3 on 14. I did however get to watch 7 disc's go splash on that hole. One guy in front of us splashed 3 of them in there.

The nuke is catching on. I think it was one of the most popular disc's I saw all weekend in Columbia and in KC.

Ya, you can't throw OB on that course; the course is simply too long for me to give shots away. I had 1 the first round (jerked #13's tee shot to the right), and 2 the second round (#13 again to the right, and #9 to the right). Oddly enough, it was the Nuke. I just turned it over too much.

I was the only one during my play that threw the Nuke (I did play with the women the first round, however). Not a lot of people around KC have thrown one yet, but we're a pretty Innova heavy area amongst tournament players. However, I expect it to catch on pretty quick once the spring gets here.

Lately I can't throw my Nukes for poop. I get them too low with some definate heat and they turn over in the dirt. Or I get them just about the right heigth, but I didn't get snap into them and they just sail off into the wild blue yonder. And, I'm pretty sure I'm not OATing them. I can come home, practice in the field, bombing them. :? I never had this problem before. But, everytime I throw a Wraith now it's hyzer flip to dirt... :lol: And, I usually have pretty good releases with them.

pdorries said:
i love how im sitting here trying to figure out who you guys are based on the way you described your rounds at wyco.. no luck can't figure it out. I wish everyone had to put their pdga number in their profile here :)

Well, I imagine that Timko is... Chris Timko.

And I'm guessing that Blurr is Brad Bullerdieck. Good first round and second round rated 60 points worse than the first. And a last name that may be somewhat hard for some people to pronounce and "Buller..." sounds similar to "Blurr."

My rounds were 59/69.

And to the guy turning and burning his Nukes, I have the same problem if I throw a worm burner. Give them air is all I can say. I have noticed that if you try and throw a low laser, there are some problems unless you give them some hyzer.

I tried to make a good guess and failed :(

The last name thing being so close to "Blurr" trixed me.

I recently bought a 171 Teal FR Nuke and have been dying to take it outside and give it a toss. Here is my story:
I'm currently in track and field and have developed some weird problem with the very lower right side of back, causing very sharp pains when I twist, bend, or walk... let alone rip a Frisbee. Despite my problem, I decided to give my Nuke a toss, knowing that I would only be able to give about 60%. My very first throw with it was probably my second longest drive of all time, around 400'. It flies very similar to my Orc, just a tad more stable. It turned over just a tiny bit and flexed back at around 75%. It glides forever. I am so excited to get some more throws in with the Nuke once I'm feeling 100%, hopefully getting atleast an extra 50'.

Tried out my FR Nuke today. I really liked the flight of the disc and was impressed how far I could put it out there. That darn ESP plastic got wet and it slipped out of my hand a few times, but other than that I was glad I picked one up.

Yes, got to try some yesterday. (all 174) They fly nice, but I would only use them for the max-d slot with open space and no headwind. I could get it to fly straight, but only by giving it some hyzer and not trying to throw it hard. But that said I had some nice long throws with them. Now I think about it, it reminds me of a faster inferno. The plastic should hold up better though, but I think they will be too understable once they get beat.