• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you still throw your molds that you've aced with? (not necessarily the actual A.D)

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
I keep taking the rattler out but i put it in the bag again for the weekend and got my second ace and both of them have been with the rattler so kinda hard to not keep her in there..

he posted that 11/17 and it made me think about avengers...ive hit 3 of my 4 with the same avenger (1 was complete luck, i also no longer own that particular avenger) but havent thrown the mold in probably almost 3 years now. do you guys still throw molds youve sunk stuff in the past with?

I've only got 2 aces, both with the same tie dye Z Flick. Its still in the bag along with another Flick. I can't imagine ever taking a Flick out of my bag.

I only play for 2 years, and I got all my aces so far with putters or midranges. They dont change much, so yes.

I will probably never change my midrange setup. Comet, buzzz, wasp covers about everything. I may add a drone some day, but I wont remove any of those.

I aced with the buzzz, the wasp and my aviar allready.

My first was with a Force. I no longer carry the mold. My second and third were with the same Wasp that's still in my bag, and I have many matching backups.

Most of my aces have come during quick rounds where I am out by myself and have likely thrown together a bag for the fun of it. I have aces with Destroyers, Surges, Surge SSs, and the likes on holes where I would normally throw a mid or putter. The only ace mold that I permanently keep in the bag is my Star Teebird. I also have an ace on my dyed Star San Marino Roc which for that reason makes it difficult to take that mold out of the bag.

I do have a shotgun ace (unloading the bag on a hole) with my Sword. The Sword is going to be in my bag for a long time, but not because of that ace.

I've had 6 aces so far one with a Roc, one with a Buzzz and four with Aviars.I put my first ace disc on the wall and the rest I still use.

Several of my ace discs have remained, which is a Ching Roc (2 aces), KC Teebird (2 aces), Firebird (was lost for 3 months then came back to me), and an Aviar. The others have either been lost or retired because they weren't giving me what I needed in the bag. The retirees include 2 Destroyers, Xcal (lost with 2 aces on it), glow Roc (it broke), Boss, Champ Roc, another DX Roc and a Pig. I apparently like to spread the wealth on my discs.

I've aced with:
Elite X Predator
Supersoft Voodoo
DX Beast
KC Pro Roc
Star Teebird
Champ Rhyno(2)
Pro Rhyno
Elite Z Wasp
DX Roc

Still Throw:
KC Pro Roc
Star Teebird
Champ Rhyno
Pro Rhyno
DX Roc

you have 10 aces in your first year of disc?

Yep. All of the aces are on holes that are under 300. Also, 1 holes at the course I play everyday is a pretty easy ace. 150 downhill flick. Twice with the champ rhyno, once with the pro rhyno, once with the dx roc. You also have to take into consideration that I have not just been playing a year, I have been playing a year of serious golf, every day with a lot of practice in the field and putting. Sorry you guys hate me :(

yes and no
Aviars no , Leopards not really, Orcs not really, Valks no, Rocs no, Buzzz' just started throwing them again... sooo pretty much no with the occasional yes.

I decided to retire my first ace disc which is an esp comet. Going to replace it with a z comet. Because of the ace, i don't think I will ever take out comets.

I think I have 6 aces now

4 are with a CE EXP1...I love this disc
1 with a CF Challenger
1 with a TP Sword

I throw all of these molds and the actual ace disc is in my bag as a thrower with the exception of the Challenger

I switched to Ions and sold my Challs (or most of them)

Yep. All of the aces are on holes that are under 300. Also, 1 holes at the course I play everyday is a pretty easy ace. 150 downhill flick. Twice with the champ rhyno, once with the pro rhyno, once with the dx roc. You also have to take into consideration that I have not just been playing a year, I have been playing a year of serious golf, every day with a lot of practice in the field and putting. Sorry you guys hate me :(

Don't really hate ya man. More hate the fact that someone that has been playing seriously about as long as I have been has 10 aces and I don't have one. Come on DG gods wheres the love? So I think it's more jelosy than hate. Good for you tho bud! :|