• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you still throw your molds that you've aced with? (not necessarily the actual A.D)

My first ace was with a groove. Of course I don't throw it any more, it's a groove. (actually one of the few good ones. There are just better discs.) My second was with a leopard. The only reason I don't throw the leopard is because I lost my last one.

Nope.

I have 5 or 6 or 7 aces with Wizards but I replaced them a few months ago and haven't looked back.

My longest ace is 375' on a hyzer with a glo Stalker (At night too lol). Not very big on Stalkers these days, I think there are a lot of better options for fairway drivers.

1st ace was with a surge and i cant even remember the last time i threw a surge. my other 2 ace discs (stalker and xcal) are still in the bag though.

I have been diligent about reducing molds. I have only kept 9 molds in the bag all year. This is also the first year in MANY years I have zero aces. So today I said to hell with it and put 4 of my "old fav's" back in the bag.

I did not ace, but I threw a record round. My money driver was a Tracker that I have aced with twice. I had not thrown it all year.

So, I am currently leaning toward a new mindset. Who cares how many molds you carry. What is important is how well you throw them. It's nice to go back and rediscover discs.

15 official (witnessed) aces, 14 of them at Herman C. Micheal Park in Watkinsville, GA. Played that course for nearly 2 years before I went to another one...
DGA 150 class Squall was the 1st disc I aced with, no longer throw the mold, but still have the disc.
DX Cobras - still keep several and 1 in the bag at all times (have several signed ace discs that I kept, lost several others)
MS Aurora - have the ace disc but no longer throw the mold
Aviar P&A - have the ace disc but no longer throw the mold
Champ Beast - lost the ace disc, no longer throw 'em
R-Pro Dart - still in the bag!
DX Valkerie - still have the disc, but throw Champs now

I've almost achieved an ace using my Wasp and both my Aviars. I believe it's a sign that I can't get rid of either disc until I achieve the ace.

I threw my Champ Aviar the other day... so close... bounced off the basket... depressing day, but I got a birdie!

If it makes you feel any better I've hit metal over 10 times (Once on film) and chains twice with Ions since I switched in the summer...but no aces yet...

A singular 350 foot flick with a destroyer, on my wall but, I switched to wraiths.

orc- disc and mold gone, but not forever?
wasp-disc and backup in bag
roadrunner-disc in bag
fuse, disc and backup in bag

Adults projecting their feelings into a piece of plastic is very cute. Do you really need that item to feel something? No, you don't.
When you want others to sign your disc is it because you shared a moment, or because you want proves, so you can share this great moment with others? A disc is just a cold and lifeless object, unlike the special ones you shared this rare moment with. The ones you are having a bromance with.
Guys who have lots of aces are going for it because they want more bromances. You and your special one(s) acing. Acing hard, you $lut.

My only carded Ace was with a Impact, but I don't throw it anymore.
My two cubby Aces were with a Star Vulcan and a Summit.
Don't carry any of these in my bag anymore.

My first ace happened the first year I started playing.. I don't even remember what disc it was, and I know I probably lost it somehow. (I didn't even record this on the DGCR scorebook as it happened long before I signed up)

My second ace was with Champion Boss, and it's still in my bag.

Latest posts