• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you wash your discs? How often?

i washed mine before a recent tournament, handwash in the sink - that was the first time I washed them in over a year. it's a very rare occurrence for me, unless one ends up in some sort of poop.

I'll rinse a disc off if it lands in PI and will do the same for goose crap. Otherwise, I like em dirty.

I never wash my discs.

I will clean my discs (rinse with water and towel off) after the round if there is a noticeable amount of dirt or debris that I didn't get off before putting it in the bag.

Anything more is IMO kinda weird, I washed my discs once and hated how it completely changed the feeling of the plastic in my hand.

I never wash my discs.

I will clean my discs (rinse with water and towel off) after the round if there is a noticeable amount of dirt or debris that I didn't get off before putting it in the bag.

Anything more is IMO kinda weird, I washed my discs once and hated how it completely changed the feeling of the plastic in my hand.
...totally agree. Also, my discs get sorta cleaned when I tumble into a creek as what happened yesterday when I took a header stepping on some rocks getting to the green. EMBARRASSING!

Ok, so while watching Jomez coverage recently I saw an ad for the Disc Raptor. It's a new disc cleaning tool for when your disc gets dirty or wet. Anybody here heard about these, have one, or even interested? I think I said this before - whenever I play those wet morning dew rounds or when my disc ends up in a creek, I'll stick to the old bathroom hand towel.

Attachments

• 1purgray.jpg
    1purgray.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 0
Ok, so while watching Jomez coverage recently I saw an ad for the Disc Raptor. It's a new disc cleaning tool for when your disc gets dirty or wet. Anybody here heard about these, have one, or even interested? I think I said this before - whenever I play those wet morning dew rounds or when my disc ends up in a creek, I'll stick to the old bathroom hand towel.
I've never used the Disc Raptor but have used competitors products.

Honestly I like an old fashioned hand/tea towel. If I expect a lot of mud/dirt I'll bring microfiber for swipe #1/large debris and most moisture but always do swipe #2 with something else to remove the missed dirt and water.

Looks like a copy of a Towch.

Towch - The Original Towel Pouch

Ick, they have a pickleball towch now. :sick:

I try my best to keep them grime free between throws with a towel, but after a particularly nasty weather round they'll get a full-on scrub down. If the weather is fair however, I just wipe them off as needed.

Looks like a copy of a Towch.

Towch - The Original Towel Pouch

Ick, they have a pickleball towch now. :sick:
I don't think Towch has all the soft projections that Disc Raptor does. Disc Raptor's projections provide texture to grab dirt, mud, debris.

Not claiming one's any better that the other, but they are rather different designs as far as the part that actually contacts the disc.

I'll oftentimes bring my all DX bag. They get grubby real fast. If they get mud or tree sap on them then I'll wash them, but it's very hard to keep DX clean. A brand new disc looks like it's two years old after a couple of rounds.

About once a year I take a bucket of water, 3.5 gallons or so in a 5 gallon bucket, drop a 1/2 cup of bleach into it and mix. I drop my discs in and about 4 hours later they are all clean. Then rinse and dry them with a towel. "WARNING" These are throwers, nothing old that you love, Old plastic and bleach are not friends. Innova Pro plastic sometimes has issues, mostly the old stuff. I would not do this to a Vibram disc. Had an old Firm blend come apart like safety glass once. Most of my bag turns over every 5 years or so, age is not a problem for all but 2 discs in my main bag.

Or take a magic eraser and scrub for a while. A long while. soak the disc in a bucket of plain water if you want things to go a bit faster.

Now is bleach good for discs, probably not but they make more discs everyday. I'm sure a chemist would be happy to explain why the chlorine breaks down the carbon chains in the plastic and how this might someday cause a disc to fail but I can't remember ever being sad when I bought a new disc. While I am sad to lose discs for any reason they are clean when they go....

I don't carry towels. It rains/snows water, not lube. Well, for most of us, except @sillybizz

Gene Kelly Happy Dance GIF