• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone do all of their disks the same color?

ScottishDiscman

Birdie Member
Or would that be too confusing?

I am a Scottish Christian who wanted to use a Trinity knot as a design with words that signify the trinity in Gaelic and Latin. I was also looking to die my details on the back (phone number, name and favorite bible verse, and probably disc details )

Last edited:
19347340463_d9ed0bc8a5_c.jpg

It would be all white if I could find BioFuzion Truths and Champion (non-glow) Thunderbirds in my color. During Am Worlds, where this picture was taken, I only pulled out the wrong disc once; I threw a TeeBird when I wanted a Roadrunner. It kind of shocked me how stable the flight was when I was expecting a mild turn.

Otherwise it is not a huge issue because all discs are organized by type and then stability - Pure, Truth, Bard, Harp, River, TeeBird, Thunderbird, Roadrunner, Trespass, XXX. I know the River is always the first fairway driver after the Harp. The TeeBird and Roadrunners are sandwiched between Champion/ Lucid plastic. As long as I do not randomly throw discs back in the bag when I pick them up, I have no problem instantly getting to the one I want.

19347340463_d9ed0bc8a5_c.jpg

It would be all white if I could find BioFuzion Truths and Champion (non-glow) Thunderbirds in my color. During Am Worlds, where this picture was taken, I only pulled out the wrong disc once; I threw a TeeBird when I wanted a Roadrunner. It kind of shocked me how stable the flight was when I was expecting a mild turn.

Otherwise it is not a huge issue because all discs are organized by type and then stability - Pure, Truth, Bard, Harp, River, TeeBird, Thunderbird, Roadrunner, Trespass, XXX. I know the River is always the first fairway driver after the Harp. The TeeBird and Roadrunners are sandwiched between Champion/ Lucid plastic. As long as I do not randomly throw discs back in the bag when I pick them up, I have no problem instantly getting to the one I want.

Awesome stuff or failing that I was planning on doing my putters the one color, my mids another and my distance drivers another. (This is further down the line once I build my bag as I have 5 disks at present and want to get more of a collection before I begin to do so)

A lot of people do but i hate it.

I like to keep each mold a different color so i know my blue or yellow are x or y discs. Ill make L and H on some for light/heavy

I have a mess of colors...because I would rather have the right plastic/weight than the right color.

I try to go all blue (with purple, white and black as acceptable substitutes). It doesn't ever confuse me much mostly because of bag organization reasons like others have said. I would also rather have the right weight like nevets said.

I love the idea of dyeing a Bible verse on them too!

My purple grip bag is full of purple discs. I had a pic somewhere but can't find it now.

Found it. apparently there is a pink disc In there also. (sorry for the gigantic pic)

20140614_114143_zpsh5inlgd1.jpg

still have the troopers?

Very early version of storm-troopers......

Back in '98-'00 (early KCPro) my discs were all white and all Innova......(some KC, some SE, and even some DX)

not usually an issue in spring, but when it snows 4" over night during a 2 day tournament I was forced to change all the discs in my bag. Turns out the snow melted during the round.

The change in discs didn't bother me much......but the cr@ppy earth tee-pads and no cleats made the round horrible.

I like the pic a ways up of the white lat bag and white discs - super sharp. I saw a guy at the Performance Flight USDGC who had a blue bag, all blue discs, and an all blue outfit including sunglasses and shoes. I thought that was a bit too far.

I'm SUPER picky about my throwers. PLH, dome, weight, stiffness, ect. So if I were to try and go to any kind of color schemed bag would be WAY too much work. Frankly, its too much work already without worrying about colors. IF I can find stack of discs that meet all my other preferences first, then I'll take a pink one. If I threw a easy to build stock bag I could rock the crap out of an all pink bag.

All blue. The variations are enough to keep them straight. Except for surprisingly the blue Vibram Accent and Traks. I found them in solid blue and they are almost identical.

I have all yellow discs in my bag. Sometimes in a tournament people will try to see what your throwing and try to match what you throw. So every time player x pulls out that red disc I should use a leopard. This will get into some players head and leave them guessing. The guys I play with already know what I throw and can tell which disc I used just by the distance and line I take. Also they don't have to ask what color when we're looking for one thrown off the fairway.

Latest posts