• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does Kensington Toboggan Belong top 10?

Does Kensington Tobaggon deserve top 10?

• yes

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • no

Votes: 32 62.7%

• Total voters

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Interesting...no tees and a seasonal course makes the top 10. Looks like greater Boomer Golf to me..big air shots...fun downhill bombs etc....This makes me laugh that people r still hung up on tees etc. when it's open and so on but a great course is a great course. I could name 20 courses with great amenities, tees, signs, etc THAT SUCK! Congrats to Kensington I hope to play it one day.

That's a static end of the year list, the top ten on the home page is dynamic with Toboggan as #10 right now.

Is this the same course that was in the Discraft instructional video on YouTube for distance throwing. On the video they just called it the Toboggan.

I have a few pro friends that swear this temp course is one of the best they have ever played. I even have one (won't mention names) that goes there and plays it even without baskets when she can! It is supposedly that good.

IE, great amenities place that is just so so, Token Creek in Madison.

Toboggan is an absolute wonderful elevation course. I nearly parred the 980 (@) ft. hole at world's in Ann Arbor. Huge, 600+ ft. drive off the tee, followed by a nice @300 ft. upshot; and only an @40 ft. putt for par. Would have made my entire week; but alas, as usual, my putting let me down....

Does seem to me to be opening a can of worms to have a temp. course even on the site; much less in the top ten. Oh well, if it gets travelers/players to go and play in tourney or near tourney time; then, that's a good thing.

I never did get around to putting together my top 10, 20, 50...list; too many factors; and I just couldn't decide. Toboggan would be in the top 10 or 20 though.

Add me to the group that is not a fan of a seasonal course making the Top Ten. Sounds like a great course and it should get lots of love, but put it in a separate category. Top Ten should be for permanent courses only.

ever since i saw it was so highly rated, i've been planning to play this course, baskets or not.
sounds like i'll need a guide...

A temp course in the Top 10 on the homepage is yet another reason we need to show people a Top 25 on the homepage. Not for us who know how to browse, sort, etc, but for the noobs we send to this site because it's so great (or could be so great if it had a Top 25).

A temp course in the Top 10 on the homepage is yet another reason we need to show people a Top 25 on the homepage. Not for us who know how to browse, sort, etc, but for the noobs we send to this site because it's so great (or could be so great if it had a Top 25).
I'd prefer we just get the Top 10 list OFF the homepage, and replace it with a link to another page with the Top 100. That might limit the free advertising the Top 10 courses get, and perhaps more people will pay attention to courses ranked 11-100.

I also think we need a separate category for recurring tourney temp courses like Toboggan and Winthrop Gold, but I think Timg said he was working on that.

C'mon people, the sky is not falling.

Anyone planning to travel to play the Toboggan would read review #1 where it is obvious that the course is seasonal.

I believe that this is the finest pure disc golf course I have ever played. It definitely deserves a spot in the top ten.

Come on out to watch the best amateurs in the country play this course and play it yourself after the tournament. http://amnationals.com/ June 11-13, 2010. Or better yet, qualify and play in the tournament.

C'mon people, the sky is not falling.

Anyone planning to travel to play the Toboggan would read review #1 where it is obvious that the course is seasonal.

I believe that this is the finest pure disc golf course I have ever played. It definitely deserves a spot in the top ten.

i agree on points one and 2 but would disagree on 3. it's too biased to the power player. when worlds were in ann arbor i thought the best course was cass benton with toboggan next.

I too enjoyed Cass Benton; but from what I'm hearing that course is extremely over played; i.e. gangs of players on every hole....and the course is showing the wear. Even thought I'd heard something of them shutting the course down due to vandalism or land wear or something. Anyone have any info to relate on this?

John: Fair Enough, I respect that opinion.

I live about 10 miles from Cass Benton. The course once mighty has now fallen, literally. The ash borers have done a fair amount of damage which has not been cleaned up by the City. The course really looks like a disaster area in some spots.

Additionally, the CASSuals are the worst I've ever seen. Typically (in the summer) you will see groups of about 10-15 individuals with dogs, babies, girlfriends, etc. chewing, drinking, yelling, spitting, smoking and fighting. The course has multiple entry points so you could at any time in your round run into a pack of cass-holes.

I also must say that there is a great club that is trying to reverse the bad and bring Cass back to its glory: The Cass Crew led by Kevin Tomasaitis, Dave Milewski and Chris Brown. Geoff Bennett also grew up playing there. It seems that everyone who starts playing at Cass has an incredible forehand.

I feel like a hater...but is this really a course? Its only set up for 3 weeks a year? I am sure they are multitudes of temporary layouts that are utilized for events. These are not courses. I'm not sure 3 weeks is even seasonal. I would love to play the course and I'm sure it's fun with all those booming drives etc....but 3 weeks. Really 3 weeks. What season is that...summer in Michigan...3 weeks? I think we are stretching the definition of course here. Now add that its rated top 10 and boom I think we have one hell of a controversy fellas!

I have only rated two courses 5 star and this is one of them. Really an amazing course and in my opinion worth its top 10 placement. It is unfortunate that they only set it up for the USDGC Ams, would love to see it permanent.

Put me down for changing the rules. A 3 week course, is it a course?? NOT
I think as this site grows older and more seasoned we should increase the amount of reviewes needed to make it on the "top" list.

Understandable.

I think as this site grows older and more seasoned we should increase the amount of reviewes needed to make it on the "top" list.
Has nothing to do with the aforementioned course being a tourney temp, albeit a very good one.

Also begs the question: Why does the minimum number need to be moved up when better than 75% of the courses in the directory don't have enough reviews to meet the current standard?

I'm with you on this one about the 3 week a year course. IMO it is less playable than KOPS Park just because you can't play it or as the small town sheriff would say " I'll tell you boys where you AIN'T goin."