• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does Kensington Toboggan Belong top 10?

Does Kensington Tobaggon deserve top 10?

• yes

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • no

Votes: 32 62.7%

• Total voters
I have played it and I love the course, but I would agree with you that it would not be a top ten course if it were open all year. It is a great course and although it does lean towards the bomber, there is plenty of technical and placement shots.

It is in my top ten that I have played but definitely would not stay there if I had the chance to play all the courses I would like to.

I've played the Toboggan Course twice and it is my favorite course I've played by far. The claim that it's only for power players is sort of a cop out. I played it last year when I was only throwing 320' max D and I shot five over on the course and birdied the uphill monster #2. Sure there are some really long holes, but the elevation evens things out most times. It is definitely not a course for beginners, but if you have a good control game and decent distance, this course isn't the monster that people make it out to be.

I think that the toboggan absolutely has a place among the top rated courses even if it is a temp course. If hordes of people go out of their way to play it the few weeks it's in every year I think there must be something to it. I think most of the people who are knocking this course saying it's undeserving of a top rating are the people who have probably only looked at the pictures (that really don't do it justice) of it on this site and have never actually played it themselves.

I've never played the course and didn't make it appear I have. My comment was about a temp course...wouldn't matter which course we were talking about.

I think that the toboggan absolutely has a place among the top rated courses even if it is a temp course. If hordes of people go out of their way to play it the few weeks it's in every year I think there must be something to it. I think most of the people who are knocking this course saying it's undeserving of a top rating are the people who have probably only looked at the pictures (that really don't do it justice) of it on this site and have never actually played it themselves.

i have played the course.

I've tried to play the course twice, got rained out once half way through and ran out of time the second time out. It's a fun course, even though I'm not a power player at all. Do I think it deserves it's spot no, but why is there soo much fuss over this?

Seems odd that a three-week course could possibly be top-10. But then again, if it gets the votes...

I like the elevation of this course looks really wild...I think tournament players appreciate the course and thus only tourney guys have played and rated it....imagine a bunch of rec players at this course though...the whining about non concrete tees, the high grass, blah blah blah It would get knocked down to a 3 in a month if rec players were allowed to rate it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhb6G6AMSZw

Not anymore, someone just knocked it off with a 1.5 star review, so Holler in the hills is back on top.

The 1.5 rating by Orcchmp (not sure if that's short for chump or champ), has now been removed. Obviously it was bad enough that Tim pulled it right away.

He admitted never playing the course, so it is invalid since it states you must play the entire course to review it.

He did simply take what has been discussed in threads and post it as a review. Is it not a down fall of a course, that it's temp? And that someone made a big trip to get there? I've play Tobaggon, and it is a fun course; but, I've also played a whole number of temp tourney courses that were quality....none of them are listed on this site. I've also set up, run, and played quite a number of one weekend only, good courses, that were set up for a fun weekend of play...none of these are (of course) listed. How about listing final nine layouts for major tourneys; where pros play from one tee to hole three, etc.? How about if one were to begin to review playing courses backwards? It is another layout....

Slippery slope; Tobaggon is....:)

I say get rid of the slippery slope tobaggon or make the top ten permnt courses only. Keep the seasonal and tournament courses for a sep category

Well what happens when a mountain course breaks the top ten; it's a permanent course but it's only playable for four months out of the year. What then? Does it count?