• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does your significant other support your disc golf habit?

Does your significant other support your disc golf habit?

• Yes

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • I do not have a significant other

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • I lost my signifigant other because of disc golf and haven't cared to get another

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

TheStray

Birdie Member
I would have to say no she does not. Mainly because the only reason I don't have to listen to her b1tch1ng me out as I drive to a tournament is because I have to leave earlier than she wakes up. The way home is another story, and before you say it, if I didn't answer my phone I best be finding a place to hide out for a while. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and for some reason she just hates every single thing about discgolf. I'm thinking I need to buy a safe for my discs or they may end up gone if I ever go to another two day tournament again.:D

My wife loves disc golf, almost as much as I do.

We (my girlfriend & I) just came home from playing a round. :thmbup:

She doesn't really throw that often, or even go with me to the course, but I do carry a bright yellow Leopard for her just in case. She enjoys hiking, camping, etc, so just being outdoors is fun for her.

It irritates my wife. I wouldn't go so far as to say that she doesn't support it, but there are times when she gets pissed because I want to go play a round, and she had other plans.

We (my girlfriend & I) just came home from playing a round. :thmbup:

She doesn't really throw that often, or even go with me to the course, but I do carry a bright yellow Leopard for her just in case. She enjoys hiking, camping, etc, so just being outdoors is fun for her.

ditto.... except i got my girlfriend a bag and a bunch of leapords

I work with all women. Being a young, good looking;) guy they give me a hard time about always being single. I know my only chance for a lasting relationship is to be with a disc girl.

Yes, she's about 90% supportive with my obsession with playing as many courses as possible. And at my advancing age, she's happy that I'm out getting some exercise.

Be careful valkyrie kid. Your postcount has surpassed your courses played. Better hit the road. ;)

My wife supports it and was an up and coming tourney player herself until she got tendonitis in her throwing elbow and has not thrown a disc in about six months...BUT...this weekend I got the dreaded "I don't know if I can stay married to someone who loves disc golf more than he loves his wife". This was after I spent the last two weeks playing at least 36 holes per day, every day because the weather is so nice and I know daylight savings time is coming.

She knows there are many other more expensive hobbies I could be involved in, and she likes to get out and play here and there, or even walk the course with me.

As for any concerns of me lying/cheating on her...she knows I am an addict of the game, and that tail(though good to get) is sub categorical when it comes to tossing plastic. In other words, if I saying I am playing, the thought of another woman never crosses her mind, but the thought of me wanting to play another round before I come home does. In the end, she just hopes I generally stick to OUR plans, and that I only play the round(s) we agreed to.:eek:

I have to admitt that being a new father and all I have very little time for disc'n, but when I do get a few hours away I am ridiculed for doing so.

Be careful valkyrie kid. Your postcount has surpassed your courses played. Better hit the road. ;)

I've been thinking this about myself for a while now. Good thing I'm hitting the road next week.

The closest thing I have to a SO is B, she never throws, but is often happy to get out and walk, she always enjoys the characters we run into on the course.

my wifes loves going for walks, hikes, bike rides, etc. but a causual stroll through a disc golf park drives her nuts. She hates the constant stop and go.

This is both good and bad. On one hand, it allows me more alone time or time with my friends. On the other hand, she bitches if I go too often and don't spend enough time with her. She also likes to get pissy when I spend too much time/energy planning trips that do not involve her at all.

Okay, so that was like almost the coolest video ever. WCG almost really was the world's coolest guy for a second.

Here's the original:

My girlfriend doesnt mind it, but at the same time she says its all I do with my freetime. Which I cant blame her for saying that because this is true. But for the most part shes fine with it. I just wish I could get her to play a round with me.